This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

March marks Women’s History Month. Along with it being an entire month celebrating the accomplishments of women everywhere, it also brings International Women’s Day on March 8th. Women’s history month was established by Congress in 1982, and since then it has been used to showcase and appreciate all of the things the women of today (and before us!) have done to help better our lives.

To celebrate this, Her Campus Cincinnati is hosting a week of women! Keep a look out for special events this week such as our “Wonder Women Panel,” which will feature five amazing women in professional fields who are killing the game. Each one brings a unique insight as to how they are challenging gender expectations in the workforce and the ways in which being a woman has challenged their careers.  

Special guests include the following:

Stop by on March 6th from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. in room 419 of Tangeman University Center to hear this amazing group of women!

Other events include a self defense class on March 7th at Stratford Banquet Hall from 12 – 3 p.m. This event is free and open to all! To finish our week we will have a social media giveaway. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @hccincinnati or check out our facebook page for more details.

We can’t wait to see you at our events! Check in again later for a “Women’s History Month” celebration.

Recognizing the power of women and the capabilities they have is an important part of what American culture should be. Don’t miss your chance to celebrate with us!

Emma Segrest

Cincinnati '22

Emma is a current Creative Writing and Journalism major at the University of Cincinnati and works as the Editorial Captain for Her Campus UC. When she is not writing she can be found reading Jane Austen or tending to her plants.
Karina Baffa

Cincinnati '19

.