Five Ways to Truly Live Your Best Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Tired of seeing your friends and family living it up without you? You don’t have to be closed up in a corner for your whole life! You can spend your life worrying and stressing out or you can SEIZE THE DAY and live life to the fullest in a way that you won’t regret. Here are five ways to help you get started living your best life!

1. Try new things.

Whether it’s signing up for crochet class or taking ballet, I promise you’ll get something out of it. You might make new friends or even learn that you have a skill. Although it might be a little nerve-wracking at first, try not to worry too much! You’re exploring new passions, and you’ll learn over time to be great at whatever new thing you’ve decided to try.

2. Get rid of anything/anyone toxic in your life.

Why keep anything in your life if it doesn’t contribute to your happiness or success? It’s 2018 ladies! You CAN’T progress anywhere in life if you keep getting held back! Don’t waste your time. If something is eating at your soul or putting a serious stress on your mind, just get rid of it. The same goes for toxic people; if they are stressing you out, you don’t have to have them in your life!

3. Go on a vacation by yourself!

Take time to really get to know yourself. Get in touch with your persona, take new risks and go to new places. Many people have this fear of “being alone” or going anywhere without other people. Really though, going out by yourself is the best way to live your best life because you are in command of the actions you take and the things you see. Everything is based on what you want and not on the desires of others.You’ll be able to meet new people who may change your life and everything you thought you knew. By embarking on a solo journey, you get find out what your strengths and weakness are, all on your own.

4. Treat yo self!

Treating yourself isn’t just buying everything you see and racking up a high nail salon bill. It’s about taking care of not only your physical, but your mental self as well. Whether it’s getting a back massage, getting your hair done or even trying out that new restaurant that you’ve been meaning to go to. For a day, just imagine that all of your problems have been put on hold and the only thing that matters is you.

5. Get fit!

Be the best version of yourself by being physically fit. Not only does working out eliminate stress, it also increases your self esteem. Get a notebook and write down your workout plan. Set a goal and work toward it. Soon you’ll look in the mirror and be proud of the hard work you put in.

Adeenah Sayani

Cincinnati '21

University of Cincinnati
Karina Baffa

Cincinnati '19

.