Why People Who Drink Black Coffee Are the Best Coffee Drinkers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

A few years ago, I was one of the naïve. I was one of the many “white girls” who proudly ordered pumpkin spice lattes, white mochas, and java chip frappuccinos. And I’ve come a long way since the days of sipping sugary dessert drinks, and I’ve fortunately discovered that my father had been right all along: black coffee drinkers are the best coffee drinkers.

Black Coffee Drinkers are ballin’ on a budget

Ordering a grande black coffee at Starbucks is about $2.10. That’s $2-3 less than practically any other coffee beverage available! You could treat yourself to two wonderful black coffees throughout the day for the same price of 1 grande PSL.

Black coffee drinkers aren’t drinking dessert

Even though Starbucks includes the calories on the menu board, it doesn’t mean people really pay attention to them. The white mocha contains 470 calories, has 49 grams of sugar and 150 grams of caffeine. This is about the equivalent of eating three Martha Stewart fudge brownies. However, a Pike Place Roast only contains 5 calories and 0 grams of sugar as well as double the caffeine (310 grams). Are you seeing a clear winner yet?

Black coffee drinkers get coffee quicker

Sick of waiting around at Starbucks for your order? Order a black coffee and they will hand it to you (usually) as soon as you pay. Also, black coffee drinkers don’t have to take extra time to add heaps of milk or sugar. When the coffee is ready, they are good to go.

Black coffee brightens moods and fights depression

Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and boosts production of central nervous system and neurotransmitters such as serotonin dopamine, and noradrenaline. These all elevate one’s overall moods.

Black coffee can be used as a pre-workout

Having a cup of black coffee about an hour before working out boosts physical performance. Caffeine increases adrenaline levels in blood and prepares you for physical exertion.

Black coffee prevents cancer

According to Harvard Health Letter in 2006, the compounds in coffee might help prevent cancer. Researchers at Harvard Medical School found that drinking coffee might reduce your risk of liver cancer by 50% compared to people who don’t drink coffee. The compounds in coffee might also reduce risk of colon, breast and rectal cancer.

Black coffee drinkers just feel more badass

Black coffee is basically the most unedited version of coffee available. Black coffee drinkers will be straight up and honest in most aspects of their lives. Overall, they’re pretty badass too. So come on over to the dark side – you’ll never go back.