Volunteering in Orange County

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community, and it can be some of the most rewarding work you do while in college. However, finding the right place to volunteer can be hard in large areas like Orange County. Here a just a few awesome locations and organizations that could potentially be the right fit for your volunteering aspirations!

Children’s Hospital of Orange County

At CHOC, volunteers provide assistance in all hospital departments. You must commit to a minimum of 1 year of volunteering (100 hours) and have a shift once a week. To learn more, click here.

National Cat Protection Society

At NatCat, volunteers are needed for socializing with cats, for cleanup and decoration, and for support at events. To learn more, click here.

Orange County Zoo

The OC Zoo has two types of volunteers: Volunteer Animal Keepers and Education Docents. Docents are the zoo’s educational volunteers, while Volunteer Animal Keepers can assist with projects throughout the zoo. To learn more, click here.

Orangewood Children and Family Center

OCFC is a temporary home for children from the ages of 2 days to 18 years. Here, you can use your personal talents and skills to interact with and teach the children. To learn more, click here.

Medical Reserve Corps

For Pre-Med students, this is a great opportunity to deal with public health in the community. The MRC is a group that responds during public health emergencies. They also provide help with other various public health needs. In order to volunteer, there are required credentials that must be obtained before acceptance. For more information, click here.