Top 5 Podcasts for College Gals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Serial

This is sure to get your hooked. Hosted by Sarah Koenig, season one is about the true story revolving around murder mystery. Koenig researches, asks questions, interviews, and follows the story through countless twists and turns. Season two is about an American soldier named Bowe Bergdahl who was held captive by the Taliban before returning home to much controversy surrounding his story. Both are captivating and thought provoking. 

Happier

This podcast is hosted by writer, Gretchen Rubin and her sister, (a TV writer in LA) Elizabeth Craft. The two banter and experiment with different ways to add happiness to their lives and how to form good habits.

Dear Sugar

Based off of the popular column with the same name, Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond host this podcast where they answer any and all questions posed to them. They cover a huge range of relevant topics in a beautiful way.

Stuff Mom Never Told You

This podcast focuses on all things related to being a woman in an honest and whimsical way. It is hosted by Cristen Conger and Caroline Ervin who bring to life a wide range of issues, history, research, and things we’ve always wondered about.

GirlBoss

You might recognize GirlBoss from her hilarious book. Sophia Amoruso is not only an author, but she is the founder of NastyGal. She continues to bring her passion and inspiration to this podcast where she interviews GirlBosses from all over the world and highlights how they reached success.