For all the women out there who are trying to stay in shape and look their best: this one is for you! Whether you’re an avid gym goer, or someone who even dreads the thought of going to the gym (like myself), here a few fun alternatives to get your heart pumping!
1. Beach Volleyball: Beach volleyball is the perfect activity to play especially here in beautiful, sunny Southern California. Invite a few of your friends, put on a cute bikini with shorts and you’re good to go! The best part of this is while you’re working out and getting your heart racing you can also get your tan on.
2. Go on a Hike: This is another great alternative because you can go with a group of friends or alone if you want to just take in the beauty of nature. There are so many amazing hikes around this area that will definitely keep your heart rate up. One of my personal favorites is El Moro Canyon where you can find the most beautiful ocean views.
3. Play a sport: Whether you played it in high school, or have always thought about trying a new sport, go out and try it! Its always fun to try something new or pick up an old habit you’ve missed. This is the perfect opportunity to invite your friends as well as other people who play the sport you want to try out.
4. Yoga: Although yoga is sometimes held in a gym or a studio, it is one the most amazing things you can do for your body and mind. The good thing about yoga though is that it can be done anywhere! You can do it on the beach with your friend or at home in your living room: all you need is a few YouTube tutorials and maybe some classes and you’re good to try it wherever you like.
5. Take a barre class: Barre classes include a mix of pilates, yoga as well as pilates and will be sure to push your muscles to the limit. Lucky for us Chapman students there’s a tone barre fitness studio located on N. Tustin St.
Time to get active ladies, have fun!