Everything You Need To Know About The New Star Wars Trailer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

The newest trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens premiered on Monday night, and the Internet exploded. Here’s everything you need to know (which isn’t much, considering how secretive director J.J. Abrams has been) about the newest film in the saga.

New characters…that we know very little about.

Rey: scavenger, self-sufficient. No last name – which is the source of fan theories that include the possibility of her being either Luke or Han’s daughter.

Finn: Stormtrooper spy? He’s shown later with Rey and Han. Lots of question marks here.

Poe: X-Wing pilot. We see a shot of him and Finn but know nothing about their relationship or how they connect.

Kylo Ren: Obsessed with Vader. Possible new head villain?

Captain Phasma: We saw practically nothing of her in the newest trailer, but she’s also a possibility for head villain. (She’s the one calmly walking with the Stormtroopers through the fiery mess. Badass much?)

Besides the fact that we got very little information about the plot or characters, the trailer totally and absolutely RULED.

EXPLOSIONS.

THE. MILLENIUM. FALCON.

Han Solo.

Let me repeat that: HAN. SOLO.

Rey just absolutely kicking ass.

Seeing R2D2 is a rush all by itself, but the fact that it’s extremely possible that LUKE SKYWALKER is under that mask?!? Excuse me while I fLIP A TABLE.

CHEWIE. CHEWIE WHY ARE YOU SURRENDERING??? PLEASE TELL ME. I NEED TO KNOW.

Rey is that a body?! Rey why are you crying?! REY.

If you didn’t scream at this point in the trailer, you’re just lying to yourself. No further comments.

Kylo Ren v. Finn showdown.

The classic JJ lens flare’s got me feeling all kinds of ways.

Kylo and his merry band of goons. Terrifying.

ALKSDJFASLKFJALDFJASF

December 18. Be there.