This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Do you want to make your dreams come true? Create your own vision board! For those who are not quite sure what that is, a vision board is a physical representation of certain goals you want to achieve in your life. It helps give you the drive and motivation to accomplish your aspirations. The magic is all in the visualization.

What you’ll need:

A corkboard, tacks or tape, magazine cutouts, Pinterest finds, your own photos, and anything that inspires you!

Step 1:

Find your photos and motivation. Post anything from your best friends to your future study abroad destination to your life motto. Depending on your purpose for this vision board, you can match everything towards a certain goal or an overall view of your life. Cut everything out.

Step 2:

Prepare to decorate. Place your pieces of inspiration on the corkboard and arrange them however you would like. You can either add decorations if you’re feeling crafty or you can cover the whole board in pictures. Use whatever you believe will motivate you best.

Step 3:

Pin those pieces down and you’ve got yourself a vision board!

Bonus Step:

Keep a small box to put your completed goals in, so you can look back at them and see how much you have accomplished.

This vision board was designed with both my roomie and I’s inspiration in mind. If you get bored during the summer days, make your own fun with this creative (and relatively productive) craft. If you are on the hunt for more activities to try this summer or want to view my own personal vision board, check out 10 Adventures to Try this Summer. Tag @HCChapmanU on Twitter if you decide create your own!