Changes at Chaptown: From 2012 to 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Since entering Chapman in the fall of 2012, there have been many changes all around campus. As a senior now in the spring of 2016, everything is a bit sentimental and I wanted to document and reminisce on these changes.

1. First and foremost, Pinky’s (AKA Hooves Liquor Store) infamously located on the corner of Glassell and Walnut, used to actually be a bright pink building, hence the name.

2. The Doti building on memorial lawn used to not exist. The lawn was not symmetrical, but I think we can all agree it adds a nice touch.

3. Starbucks used to be Jazmine’s & Subversions. Qdoba used to be WOW. Talk about upgrade!

4. DMAC (Digital Media Arts Center) is a new addition too!

5. The paper plan sculptures by the gym were added.

6. Beckmann was not always a brick facade.

7. Over the past 4 years we welcomed many new sororities and fraternities to campus. Shout out to Alpha Epsilon Pi, Phi Delta Theta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, & Pi Beta Phi!

8. Obviously Musco Center for the Arts is a brand new addition to campus. If only they added another parking structure along with it.

9. Chapman Coffee House used to be the go to coffee study spot. You might know this building now as the one becoming Subway across the street from Pinky’s.

10. There used to be a thrift booth on campus every Thursday morning on campus that donated money to charity.

I think it’s good to reflect on changes, for better or for worse and recognize that nothing in life stays the same. We too, change through the years and we need to embrace this fact. Change is scary, but it is also empowering to reflect on growth and improvement.