element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Things to Thank Your First Love For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.
  1. For teaching you who you really are. You never realize what you’re truly like in a relationship until you’re finally head over heels in love with someone who feels just the same for you.

2. For giving you your first heartbreak. It may have been awful at the time. You may have cried and screamed and punched things but you have to thank them. They made you stronger. They are apart of your past. Don’t look back and be angry, be happy you were able to experience such an intense and amazing love, even if it didn’t last as long as you wanted.

3. For being your first relationship. Being in a committed relationship your first time is a lot to take in. Thank them for giving you an experience you’ll always remember. Your first love is always one of the most significant aspects of your life.

4. For being your first real sex partner. Maybe you’ve had hookups before but it’s never the same as when you’re in love. There’s something special about having sex with someone you have such intense feelings for. It’s something you never quite forget.

5. For being your best friend. Most likely your first love was your absolute best friend during your relationship. You guys spent every moment possible with each other being completely inseparable. Most likely your friends hated you and you super adorable relationship.

6. For picking you up when you’re down. You’re significant other was there for you at your worst moments, regardless of how late at night it was. They gave up everything just to hold you in their arms and tell you everything was going to be alright.

7. For making you feel loved. There is no better thing in this world than knowing that someone out there is completely in love with you and would do anything for you. They care more about you than their pet dog and that is saying a lot.

8. For keeping you on your toes. A first love comes with much more than just happiness and sunshine. There’s fights and screaming and crying and stages of ups and downs but it always kept you on your toes and always kept things interesting.

9. For making you realize what you hate out of a spouse. Most likely your partner did things that pissed you off more than anything. They completely aggravated you at times but you kept going for as long as you could because of love. Luckily, now you can take that into consideration when finding Mr. Right.

10. For making you feel like the most beautiful person in the world. The way they looked at you could move mountains. They adored you and cherished you. When you saw their face as they looked at you in that one beautiful dress you felt like you could run the world. Find someone who will look at you like that for the rest of your life. You’re absolutely stunning and deserve to be told that every day.