This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you probably listen to the same 50 songs on repeat, and you’re so absolutely sick of them. Luckily, I’ve curated a list of my favorite heavy-beat songs to *hopefully* help you find some new music to listen to.

Bazzi – Dreams

This heavy-bass pop hit is perfect for low-intensity runs, a heavy lift day or even hot yoga. 

Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes

Though a bit older, this song is super helpful to re-energize you during a workout you wish would just hurry up and end. The lyrics will remind you of why you’re pushing yourself to your limits.

Roy Jones Jr. (Feat. Mr. Magic & Trouble) – Can’t be Touched

Two words: BEAST. MODE. I like to put this on before sprint pieces or heavy lifting. It really helps you get into that untouchable mindset (no pun intended). 

Migos – Fight Night

Okay, this one is a little older too, but it makes me feel so hyped when it comes on. I have never boxed harder than when my shuffle gave me this gem. 

Panic! At the Disco – Nicotine

I don’t know if other people would categorize this song as workout music, but I think the beat is great for me. I put this on as a pick-me-up during longer workouts or use it as more like hype music towards the beginning. To each his own. 

Three Days Grace – Riot

Throwback alert. This one can be helpful as a segway into a tough workout. It starts a little bit slow and gets more intense. 

DaBaby – Baby Sitter 

This is one of four songs that I consistently leave on my running playlist. Hype mode — need I say more?

Kanye West – Stronger 

Not old, but a classic nonetheless. “Stronger” is a fantastic motivator when you’re running, lifting, resistance training or sprinting. 

Lil Mosey – Blueberry Faygo

“Blueberry Faygo” is another song consistently on my running playlist. For me, this one helps me to keep my stride a little bit longer and just bop along during a workout. It also takes off some intensity and reminds you that you’re having fun. 

Imagine Dragons – Believer

“Believer” is another hype-me-up song to use in your playlist. This one helps motivate me to keep pushing even when I’m super tired. Very helpful for longer or higher-intensity workouts in my opinion. 

That’s all! Hopefully, you found a song or two in here to add to your workout playlist. I use a lot of these when I’m doing harder workouts and they’ve been super helpful in motivating me to push myself as hard as I can go. Enjoy!

Eve Bennett

Chapel Hill '23

I am a current sophomore who writes and edits for Her Campus Chapel Hill.