clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Week 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

As we near the end of the school year, some of our students (myself included) will be saying goodbye to UNC for longer than just the summer. It’s a nostalgic time for many of us, and thankfully Carolina has our backs; we get to celebrate Senior Week from April 16th to the 19th and focus on the good times. Here are all the official Senior Week events:

Private Planetarium Show

You heard me, the Class of 2018 gets our very own showing at the Morehead Planetarium. The show will focus on constellations visible from North Carolina. It starts at 6pm on Monday, April 16.

Night at the Ackland

UNC seniors get to experience a once-in-a-lifetime event with other members of their class while enjoying food, music, drinks, and beautiful art at the Ackland Art Museum from 6 to 8pm on Tuesday, April 17.

Bell Tower Climb

It’s the day we’ve been waiting for since we first set foot on campus: the Bell Tower Climb. On Wednesday, April 18, between 9am and 4pm, seniors will get to climb the famous Bell Tower and truly experience the view from the top. If it rains, this event will be rescheduled to Friday, April 20. And, if you’ve made a donation to the senior campaign, you can get a fast pass and skip the line!

Last Lecture

This event is geared towards seniors, but it’s open to the public. On Thursday, April 19, Dan Reichart will be giving the Last Lecture to UNC seniors. He’ll provide advice for the future, reflections on our time at Carolina, and words of wisdom. Plus, he’ll probably talk about that time he put out a fire and got ice cream. The lecture starts at 7pm in McCorkle Place. 

These events make it a little easier to come to terms with leaving Carolina, and we’re grateful to the UNC General Alumni Association for making it happen. You can find more information about Senior Week here, and follow our social media to see which events Her Campus Chapel Hill will be attending.

Which Senior Week event are you most excited for?

Tessa Palmer

Chapel Hill

Tessa is a senior English major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She enjoys crocheting, watching Netflix, and petting fluffy animals.