This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Holidays can be stressful enough without having to worry about what food you should make. Some prefer to switch up their holiday with new and improved recipes, but I like to keep a few classics on standby. 

Yorkshire Pudding

A fan favorite! This loaf is buttery, rich and chewy. It’s perfect with sauces, gravy or as a standalone dish. Personally, I use the recipe from The Joy Of Cooking recipe book, but here’s one you can try! The key is to actually use room temperature ingredients (no quick heating to room temp!!) and to put your mix into a HOT oven. Using these tricks, you’ll get a gorgeous high rise to your Yorkshire Pudding!

Deep Dish Apple Pie 

Another favorite in my family is a deep-dish apple pie recipe we copied from a magazine over ten years ago. Our recipe features a caramel brandy sauce, but you could also choose to make a caramel apple pie. The best part: you can use a pre-made pie crust which will save you a ton of time!

Stuffing (Make it Vegetarian!)

Stuffing is a favorite side at Thanksgiving dinner. This year, try a new stuffing recipe and consider making it without meat. We hunted for a vegetarian recipe for my grandma and found a great one! Try this, but substitute with vegetarian sausages (we use morning star). 

Sweet Potato Casserole

Sweet potato casserole is simple and delicious! I asked my mom which recipe we used, but she said she just eyeballs it. When she makes it, she layers a pineapple ring under the sweet potatoes to cut some of the sweetness. Helpful tip: if you want to make this recipe easier, use canned sweet potatoes! 

Banana Bread

Banana bread is perfect for holidays and even regular weekdays. I have been working hard to perfect my banana bread, and this recipe is the best I’ve found so far! 

I hope I’ve helped you find some new and exciting recipes to try for this holiday season. Good luck, have fun and eat well!

Eve Bennett

Chapel Hill '23

I am a current sophomore who writes and edits for Her Campus Chapel Hill.