This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

After a long week of eating fried chicken, cookies, and ice cream in the dining hall, sometimes you start to crave something a little healthier. Not only does eating healthy food make you feel better, it also helps you do better. So if you need a reason to splurge on some of the healthier options around Chapel Hill, just use midterms as an excuse!

The Purple Bowl

The Purple Bowl is probably the most popular healthy food option on Franklin Street. The Purple Bowl offers acai bowls, toast, and smoothies. There are three different bowl sizes that are perfect for a quick snack or a meal. This option runs more on the expensive side but it’s worth the splurge.

Living Kitchen

Living Kitchen is a hip restaurant full of vegan options, great salad, juices, and more. It isn’t on campus, so some type of transportation would be needed. Like most vegan options, the food is on the pricey side, but the price is worth the clean, healthy food you get.

Clean Juice

Clean Juice is a healthy chain that recently moved to Chapel Hill. Clean Juice is very similar to The Purple Bowl, but it adds its own twist by offering acai bowls, toast, and many different juices. Plus, they have premade juices in a cooler that you can grab on the go if you are in a hurry! Clean Juice is a bit of a walk, so taking the bus or biking may be the best option.

Chopt Creative Salad

Chopt is a new salad chain that has been slowly expanding throughout the country. Chopt offers a variety of different salads from a Classic Cobb to a Chinatown BBQ Chicken Salad. If one of the salads on the menu doesn’t catch your eye, you can make your own! The salads run on the more expensive side at around $11, but they are big enough that you can take what you don’t finish home with you.

Most of the healthy food options in Chapel Hill run on the more expensive side, but they are definitely worth it. Don’t be afraid to treat yourself to a meal that consists of more than two food groups every once in a while!

What’s your favorite healthy food option in Chapel Hill?