This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

At this point in the semester, most of us would rather be outside soaking up the sunshine rather than stuck inside a classroom. Most of us forget how lucky we are to be able to attend classes or exactly how much we’re learning every day. These fellow Tar Heel students were inspired by the courses offered at UNC, and are reminding us that going to class is worthwhile, even when we don’t think so!

Annie Bennett, Sophomore

The class that inspired Annie Bennett was a First Year Seminar taught by Greg Cable, centered around the American Drama. This class stuck out to Bennett the most because her professor made sure to engage everyone in the class. He urged his students to really get to know one another, and he encouraged them to think critically about the world around them. This approach to viewing the world changed Bennett’s perspective for the better, and it inspired her to apply the lessons she learned in class to her life.

Eric Young, Sophomore

Eric Young has been inspired by two different classes. In his first semester at UNC, he took a public speaking class that he excelled at, and it inspired him to want to pursue a career that involved public speaking or working with the public, but he did not have solid idea of what career he wanted follow yet. This semester he is taking an Environmental Science class that is really interesting and that has inspired him to think about pursuing a career in Environmental Science, as long as it involves public speaking or working with the public.

Esha Thakkar, First Year

Esha Thakkar is currently being inspired every day by the Health and Medicine Honors Seminar class she decided to take this semester. The class is interesting and inspiring to Thakkar because she wants to go into the medical field and become a Health Care Professional. Thakkar’s favorite parts of the class are all the amazing books they get to read such as When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi, and Black Man in a White Coat: A Doctors Reflections on Race and Medicine by Damon Tweedy. These wonderful stories give Thakkar an interesting and inspiring look into the world of medicine.

One of the goals of attending a university such as UNC is to open your mind to different ways of thinking, and that’s exactly what these three students have done!

What classes have changed your worldview?

I am currently a student at UNC Chapel Hill studying English and Communications. In the future I hope to become a writer/producer for the Disney company. "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh