This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

With the spread of COVID-19, life seems to have been put on pause. Classes are online, businesses are closed and you probably have a lot more free time, as social distancing and stay-at-home orders are taking effect. If you’re anything like me, you love watching YouTube videos. And even if you don’t, you might be turning to YouTube as a form of entertainment as we self-quarantine. If your subscription feed is looking a little lack-luster, here are five YouTube channels that are sure to entertain.

Shallon Lester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZwcBzQ1dQU

I discovered Shallon Lester, earlier this year, and I have been avidly watching her videos since. Shallon covers the latest celebrity gossip and news, then discusses what we can learn from it and how we can apply it to our lives. Shallon adds a feminist take as well, all while remaining hilarious! I’ve laughed out loud multiple times while watching her videos. Her commentary is spot-on and eloquent. Watching Shallon’s videos is like listening to a gossipy, funny, outspoken friend. Plus, she’s been posting almost every day during quarantine, so there’s plenty of content for you to watch!

Jack Edwards

Jack Edwards is my favorite youtuber to watch when I want to feel productive, but don’t actually want to do my schoolwork. Jack makes content about what it’s like to be a uni student majoring in English at Durham University in England. His videos showcase both the stress and sense of accomplishment that come from being a student. His editing is spot-on as well. For all you fellow English majors out there, you’re bound to feel a sense of camraderie as you watch Jack write a paper in 24 hours, cram for his thesis and more.

Luke Alexander

Luke Alexander has become one of my favorite commentary youtubers out there. I watch a lot of videos in which people watch TV shows and movies (Dylan Is In Trouble and Trin Lovell are two of my favorites), and Luke has carved out a great space for himself in the commentary side of YouTube! My favorite videos of Luke’s are when he watches and comments on infamous youtuber Tana Mongeau’s reality show on MTV. Luke provides thoughtful commentary and garners some good laughs.

Caroline Ricke

I just discovered Caroline Ricke a couple weeks ago, and her content is unlike anything I’ve seen! Caroline’s channel is founded on sarcasm and satire. She has some out of the box content as well, like putting her college dorm on airbnb or letting her priest choose her outfits for a week. Ricke’s comedic timing is spot-on, and her editing elevates her content to the next level. Caroline is perfect for fans of Cody Ko and Kurtis Conner.

Drinking By My Shelf

If you’re a bibliophile (like me), you’ll love Drinking By My Shelf’s content. I found Emma’s content when she attempted to read the entire collection of A Series of Unfortunate Events in 24 hours. Her personality is the perfect mix of hilarious and friendly. If you’re in the mood for bookish content, but don’t have the brain power to read, check her out! Other booktubers that put out great content (like Emma) include BooksandLala, Chandler Ainsley, Caleb Joseph, and readwithcindy!

There you go—five youtubers you should subscribe to ASAP. Our lives might look a bit different now, but that doesn’t mean they have to be any less entertaining!

Gennifer Eccles is an alumna at UNC Chapel Hill and the co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Chapel Hill. She studied English and Women & Gender Studies. Her dream job is to work at as an editor for a publishing house, where she can bring her two majors together to help publish diverse, authentic and angst-ridden romance novels.