This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Living in or visiting Chapel Hill and looking to feed your boba craving? I’ve got the spots for you! Check out our youtube channel (Her Campus Chapel Hill) for the FULL boba experience.

Cha House

Cha House, located on W. Franklin Street, is my favorite boba tea shop in all of Chapel Hill. Not only is their boba incredible, but their menu has SO. MANY. OPTIONS. My personal recommendation is the lavender earl gray milk tea or, if you’re looking for something a little sweeter, the taro milk tea. If boba isn’t your thing, Cha House also has a coffee menu as well as lots of herbal and fruity teas. Along with the extensive menu, the location is prime! With the sidewalks widened on Franklin Street, Cha House has tons of outdoor seating and is a perfect spot for hanging with friends! Needless to say, I spend way too much time and money here, but I am not ashamed.

Moge Tee

As the newest addition to boba places on Franklin Street, Moge Tee has easily risen to one of my favorites in the area. Much like Cha House, their menu is so overwhelming, so here are some of my top recommendations. I’m a huge fan of their fresh pineapple tea, and, coming from someone who doesn’t particularly like matcha, their matcha tea is really delicious! Being on the other side of Franklin from Cha House, my favorite thing to do is get my boba and head through the upper-quad for an afternoon walk (especially on the warmer days!). 

Yaya Tea

Contrary to a lot of my friends, I actually really enjoyed Yaya Tea! They’re not just a boba shop, but they also have little trinkets and candy for purchase (along with some super cute merch!). My favorite thing that they have is their Boyfriend fruit tea (a mix of mango and lychee white tea). I don’t think their tapioca pearls are quite up to par with Cha House or Moge Tee, but their lunch menu definitely makes up for it! Yaya Tea has indoor seating, so I would recommend this if you’re going for a meal or if it’s a particularly cold day outside. 

Those of my favorite places to get boba in Chapel Hill! Remember to check out our YouTube channel for more information about the local boba experience!

Grace Garner

Chapel Hill '23

English and Journalism double-major at UNC Chapel Hill just waiting to live out her dark academia aesthetic. https://www.linkedin.com/in/grace-garner-4244011a6/