bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

10 Ways To Make Studying For Finals A Little Less Stressful

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

I’ll be the first to admit that, if I let it, finals season can easily start to control my life this time of year. That being said, I also recognize that there are plenty of ways for me to not let it do that, so, if you’re looking for a way to combine finals studying and a little relaxation, look no further. Here are ten ways that you can make studying for finals just a little less stressful.

Make a nice cup of coffee or tea

A nice cup of joe in the morning is a great way to get you in the studying mood and give you something tasty to help you commit everything to memory.

Brighten up your study space.

Open some windows! Let the light in and don’t study in the dark (because if you’re like me, you’ll definitely just fall right back asleep).

Use colorful pens and highlighters.

Try some colorful pens and highlighters to switch things up and really brighten up your workspace.

Try studying at different local coffee shops.

Try studying at a local coffee shop. The music is usually calm and perfect for studying, and the smell of coffee is something you just can’t beat.

Make a nice breakfast before getting the day started.

They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! What better way to start your study-filled days than with some good food?

Put on a face mask or paint your nails after a long day of studying.

Engage in a little self-care after a long day of studying! It’s the perfect way to relax and treat yourself for all of your hard work.

Read a little before you go to bed.

Pick up a good book and spend some time reading before you go to sleep. Take your mind off of studying, even if just for a moment.

Get a good night’s rest.

This is essential. If you’re not sleeping, then your body is not going to be working as best it can. So treat yourself after a day of work, and please try to get some sleep.

Take a walk when you wake up in the morning. 

Go on a morning walk (or run, or jog) to start your day off right. Take in the beauty of nature before you hit the books for the day.

Study with friends.

Don’t spend the day all alone! Take some time to study with friends or grab food with people you love. It’ll make you feel so much better.

However you choose to study this finals season, try out a few of these tips and tricks to make it as stress-free as possible. You’ve got this.

Ashley Oldham

Chapel Hill '20

Ashley Oldham is a senior English and Comparative Literature and Sociology double major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In her free time she enjoys drinking way too much coffee, attempting to write the next great American novel, and going on spontaneous road trips, all in the name of procrastinating on whatever schoolwork she currently has to do. To see what she's doing next (and get bombarded with cat pictures) follow her on Instagram @ashleyyerinno.