Miss Clark Atlanta University 2018-2019 Royale Greene is More than Her Title

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Royale Greene is the 30th Miss Clark Atlanta University, but her title does not define her. She is a resilient graduating senior who has a passion for inclusion and diversity in the beauty industry, fashion, and helping others find self-confidence within themselves. Keep Reading to learn more about Clark Atlanta University’s phenomenal Campus Queen.

HC: Who is Royale Greene?

RG: I am someone who is very driven. I like to think of myself an being very innovative and creative. I have a pure heart and I’m funny.  

HC: Okay so where are from? And how did you get to Clark Atlanta University?

RG: I am originally from Cleveland, Ohio. So I moved from Ohio during my freshman year of high school to Orlando, Florida. I graduated high school in Orlando, but always wanted to attend Clark Atlanta it was my first choice. But I couldn’t always afford to come to Clark, so I went to Florida A&M first and then transferred my second year.

HC: Why was Clark Atlanta your first choice and why did you want to attend so badly?

RG: Well at first, I wanted to be a Spelmanites and attend Spelman College. But I visited both of the schools CAU and Spelman and decided that CAU was the best fit for me. It felt like home. Everyone was incredibly welcoming and then I was like “Ohhh.” This is where I need to be.

HC: What is your major at Clark Atlanta University? And what do you want to do with your degree?

RG: My major is Mass Media Arts with a Concentration in Public Relations. I have a short term and long-term career goal. My short-term career goal is to work for a Fortune 500 public relations firms. I want to work for someone like Google, Microsoft, Coca Cola, Hershey. But while working, I want to obtain my master’s degree in Business Administration from Texas Southern in Houston, Texas. But wherever God takes me post-graduation I will go. But my long-term goal is to be a business owner and own my own chain of black owned beauty supply stores and eventually my own cosmetic line. This is because black women are the leading consumer of beauty and cosmetic products, but don’t own places that sell these things.

HC: So, you came to Clark your dream school, but what made you want to be Miss Clark Atlanta University?

RG: I ALWAYS knew I wanted to be Ms. CAU. Before I got to Clark I knew I wanted to be Ms. CAU. I knew I wanted to be a campus queen, growing up seeing EBONY queens and the queens on social media I always knew I wanted to do it. So when I got to Clark I meet past CAU queens like Aaliyah Heath and she was the current Miss Clark Atlanta at the time and she saw something in me that I didn’t see in myself and gave me that extra push. The I got close to the next Miss CAU and those were just affirmations to me.

HC: Were there any challenges you had while running?

RG: Before I started running, I was just discouraging myself saying I wasn’t going to do it. I said I’m just gone focus on my senior year to get internships and secure a job after my senior year. But there was sign after sign after sign for me to go and do it.

HC: What was your platform and why did you choose it?

RG: My platform was R.E.G.AL. Which stands for Restoring Excellence and Growth While aspiring to leave a Legacy. Making your CAU Experience a movie worth watching. I believe my life is a movie and we are authors of our own movies and stories. And it’s up to us to be the creative director of our own narrative. I didn’t want to do anything that was cheesy but had no real meaning to it. It means to be queenly.

HC: So beyond Miss CAU you are a campus fashionista what inspires you fashion sense?  

RG: I wore uniform a lot in my life and when I went to Florida we didn’t have uniform at my school. So that’s when I got a chance to explore my fashion sense. I always knew designer since I was nine and I collected fashion magazines. One of my favorite movies is the Devil Wears Prada. Not having money helped me put things together. Before I open my mouth people see what I have on and get an idea of who I am.

HC: Your dress during the Miss CAU pageant was EVERYTHING! How did you know that it was the dress for you?

RG: I was crunched on time and money for my campaign and I saved up a good amount of money for it. I worked two jobs to save it.  But my dress was super expensive, and I tried on so many other dresses and finally tried that one on and I fell in love with it. I didn’t want a black dress, but I put it on and it fit so well and was just shining, and I knew that was it. My friends didn’t know if that was the right dress, but when I heard the crowd’s reaction I knew it was perfect.

HC:  Top 4 STYLE ICONS?

RG: Rihanna, Anya Ivy, Zendaya, Lauren London

HC: What should we look for during your reign?

RG: After Coronation, I will have initiatives and community service coming that aligns with my platform. I am so proud of my court and the events we have been pushing out that align with our values. I just want people to know that I have never been on anyone’s royal court before, but I am Miss CAU. You can do it.

Socials : @royalepains on all platforms

hello, lovelies, My name Reginae. I am a sophomore at Clark Atlanta University. My major is Mass Media Arts with a concentration in Public Relations. I love writing about pop culture, fashion, makeup, YouTube and queen Beyonce. Follow me @reginaeb_ on Instagram. -_