samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Ways to Relieve Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Being a collegiette is hard. We balance fifteen thousand activities, homework, class, and still attempt to have a social life. All of this pressure can build up and make us feel like we’re going to explode. Let’s not let it get to that point. Here are 10 Ways to Relieve Stress.

1. Sleep. There’s nothing like a good night of rest. Seriously find the time to get a solid 8 to 10 hours of sleep. You’ll wake up rested, refreshed, and ready to take on the world. 
  2. Dance. This is coming from someone who has no rhythm whatsoever. So I’m telling you, it doesn’t matter if you’re Beyoncé or corny dad when it comes to busting a move, just turn on your favorite playlist and get moving. 
  3. Take a Bath. Now I understand that the dorm bathtubs are not the ideal place of rest and relaxation but there is such a thing as bleach. A nice bubbly bath will soothe your whole body. Just take some earphones and nice music, close your eyes, and try to forget you’re in a dorm bathroom. 
  4. Read a Magazine. Perhaps reading a good gossip magazine with photos of the stars looking like normal people will help you realize that if Katy Holmes can wear running pants with Uggs and a baseball hat that you’ll be alright if you go one day without looking slayed. 
  5. Eat Some Ice-cream. Now I usually don’t advocate for eating to deal with your feelings but as long as you can make sure that this is only a once in a while thing, go ahead and indulge in that Ben&Jerry’s Cookie Dough. 
  6. Get Your Nails Done. It might just be me but I always feel so much more put together when my nails have been cut, filed, buffed, and polished to perfection. If the rest of your day isn’t going so well at least you can look down at your nails and see that you have something together. 
  7. Have a Girls Night. This is perhaps my favorite on the list because what can be better than staying up late with your girls, chatting about boys, eating pizza, and laughing. Not much. So gather your best friends, fluffiest pillows, warmest blankets and have a good old fashioned sleepover. 
  8. Exercise. Endorphins. Endorphins. Endorphins. Whether you decide to take a walk or go hard in the gym, exercise is one of the healthiest and cheapest ways to relax. 
  9. Clean your Room. When you have a clear path from your door to your bed life just gets easier. 
  10. Watch a Movie. Sometimes our own life is too much to handle so for 2 hours escape into a world that’s completely different than your own.

Dual-sport athlete Tenicia Winston is a Senior Writer for Her Campus CAU. She likes to stay on the move, whether on the field/court or off. The native Oregonian is a Junior at Clark Atlanta University majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. She is a member of the Isabella T. Jenkin’s Honor’s Program where she serves as an event planner as well as a staff writer for their newsletter. . During her freshman and sophomore summers of college she directed an inner-city youth sports camp for the non-profit Portland Parks and Recreation. Her future endeavors include becoming a brand ambassador for a sportswear company such as Nike as well as opening a chain of women’s fitness centers. In her leisure time she enjoys hiking, working out, and baking.
Kayla Antoinette Walker has always been an ambitious and motivated young woman and has always set high standards for herself. She is an aspiring event/wedding coordinator majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, GA. She chose to attend Clark Atlanta after graduating Valedictorian of her high school class at Carver High School in Columbus, GA. As a senior, Kayla has a passion for mentoring and wants to bring a sense of pride and empowerment to the women of Clark Atlanta to encourage them to "be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire". Kayla says to always be a girl with a mind, a woman with attitude, and a lady with class. Go forth and be great!