What Can We Expect From Percy Jackson Disney Series

This one is for you, a fan of the Percy Jackson book series, who has been waiting for a brand new and accurate adaptation of the story since the release of the movie 'Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters'

Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson franchise will win a series on Disney's new streaming platform, Disney +! That is right! The first season will have the first book, “The Lightning Thief”, as inspiration. Below we separated what to expect from the incredible production.

1. 1.  Characters

After receiving criticism on the two movies, because the story and characters were not consistent with the books, the series will preserve the correct age of Percy Jackson, who is 12 years old. The main idea is to show the growth during the other seasons, as well as to highlight that demigods are persecuted throughout their lives, therefore they need to go to camp at a young age to learn how to defend themselves.

The representation of the gods, such as Zeus, Poseidon and Ares, is another matter where expectations are high, since in the movies this representation was left out. People look forward to see the friendship between Percy and Annabeth as a companionship relationship, which is different from the film, that shows the relationship as a romance.

2. 2. The Half-Blood Camp

The half-blood camp is another point that the series will address, similar to the movies, because is the only safe place for the god’s children, where they can train and learn. The series should also explore how the demigods do not fit in and are classified as problematic.

3. 3. Special effects

Another point that was long awaited by fans and was inadequate in the film, are the special effects. For the series, the the hopes are high, since the first book has the presence of many magical creatures, grandiose scenarios and exciting fights, as when Percy faces Ares.

4. 4. Story

In the first book, Percy has a constant feeling that he is being used by the gods for their interests and does not know what is at stake, what does not happen in the film. The end of the movie, was completely modified, as they opted for the simplest way to explain who stole Zeus' lightning bolt.

Throughout the Percy Jackson mythology series, we know that not everything is as it seems, so we can expect a great suspense in the first season, and of course, a very detailed story!

Up to now, neither the cast nor the creative team has been announced. Unfortunately!!! We look forward to finding out as soon as possible. Do you feel the same? What do you think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The article above was edited by Mel Trench

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!