This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Streaming services recorded a 20% growth during the pandemic, according to Conviva, a real-time intelligence platform for optimized streaming media in partnership with other institutes, foundations and agencies. Some of these productions that were launched last year immediately conquered many fans around the world and, because of it,  will have- and deserve- a second season in 2021. So, here are 7 popular series that will release the second season this year. After reading the list, you just need to wait for the premiere!

“Lupin”

“Lupin”, the Netflix original French series, has the second season confirmed, after becoming successful since the premiere, which shows Assane Diop’s life and crimes. The end of the first season made the viewers have questions and crave for the next part of the story. Netflix settled on January 28 that the second season is due to the end of the first 2021 semester, so we can already be anxious for the narrative continuation.

“The Witcher”

This is a medieval fantasy story that is based on a book- and could not be missing from that list. “The Witcher” became famous for the saga readers and series lovers. This series, which is about witchcraft, was watched by more than 75 million people in only 1 month, according to Netflix. Besides, at the end of 2019, it was considered the most-watched series of the year, according to the media data company Parrot Analytics. Therefore, after achieving success, Netflix confirmed the second season of “The Witcher”, and also, the third season. Even without the two parts of the series being released, however, it may debut just by the end of 2021, because some actors have had Covid-19.

“Ragnarok”

“Ragnarok” is a Norwegian series from Netflix, inspired by Norse mythology, that for being similar to the character Thor from Marvel, attracted many people. The end of the first season left the viewers suspicious and with theories that made expectations for the next season. Despite it hasn’t pleased the critics, the public loved the series. This made Netflix, in March of 2020, confirm the second season. The prediction is Ragnarok will be released in 2021. Then, the fans can already make a prophecy for a new season full of new mysteries and answers.

“Outer Banks”

This series is a teen mystery series, strongly attracted the public with a gripping story about the hunt for a treasure. “Outer Banks” became one of the most searched titles in 2020, according to Google. So, Netflix says that the second season may be released this year, in July, and will be recorded in the Bahamas. However, the fans can expect a delay, because Outer Banks is being produced outside and this became a problem with the coronavirus pandemic.

“Modern Love”

Amazon Prime Video released last year “Modern Love”. This series was based on the newspaper column published by The New York Times and it shows on each episode a different love story. The public, who loves watching series that warm their hearts, was thrilled about Modern Love, so it reached a big audience. Then, the second season was confirmed and it will be released this year, letting the fans anxious for the premiere.

“Locke and Key”

“Locke and Key” is a series based on the acclaimed comic books, that attracted a large number of people in 2020, after developing a mystery story, fantasy, and suspense. The first season catches the fans with an unexpected ending, but, fortunately, the second season is already coming, your premiere will in 2021. The third season is confirmed too, in other words, the fantasy lovers can already commemorate.

“Breeders”

“Breeders” fans can cheer up right now, the series premiered on the North American channel FX will have the second season this year! It’s important to remember that it has gotten popular for relating a comedy story about a family, which has conquered the audience. So, we don´t need to hang tight! 

——————–

The article above was edited by Camila Nascimento.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Camilla Guerreiro

Casper Libero '24

Camilla is studying Journalism at Cásper Líbero. She is passionate about books, series, music and traveling.