This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

On February 27, almost 29 years since the first episode of Friends premiered, actress Courteney Cox was finally honored with her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She was accompanied by friends and family who were celebrating her achievement, highlighting her co-stars Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow.

Courteney was among other thirty entertainment personalities who were nominated for a star by a committee of experts who chose them based on how long they have been in the industry and if they have a history of charitable contributions to society. Many fans believe that her name should have been honored long before, but the wait was worth it! The star is the 2,750th since the completion of the Walk of Fame in 1961. 

HER JOURNEY

Courteney Cox was born in Birmingham Alabama on June 15th, 1964, however, shortly after her high school graduation, she moved to New York and started her acting career. The Walk of Fame honoree’s first successful role was as Lauren Miller in Family Ties (1982). Other movies she participated in between the 80s and 90s were Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Bedtime Stories, Mr. Destiny, and Cocoon: The Return.

Would you survive in a horror movie? Because Cox survived six times throughout the Scream franchise, where she played the iconic Gale Weathers. The actress returned to her acclaimed role in the Scream IV movie, which premiered on March 10th and promises a lot of nostalgia for the viewers.

She rose to fame and gained international recognition with the comedy show ‘Friends‘ (1994), where she was casted as Monica Geller, a disciplined cook, and obsessed organizer. The show was produced by Marta Kauffman and David Crane. To this day, Friends holds the place of being the greatest sitcom of all time.

REUNITED AT LAST

During the event of her well-deserved space on the sidewalks of Hollywood Boulevard, Courteney Cox received an emotional tribute from Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow. During her speech, Aniston mentioned how the three of them are like sisters: “We’re very honored to be here today, to speak on your behalf as your co-workers, your friends, your family, your sisters and that’s because we’ve known you for a very long time”. The actress further described Cox as an “inclusive, caring, and loving” person.  

Lisa expressed the pride they both felt for their friend: “We just want to say that we’re deeply proud to know you. You are the definition of a truly beautiful talent and, what’s most important, a truly good and decent human being”.

Courteney also revealed during her speech that she hates speaking in public, “which is why I don’t present anything unless I’m literally holding onto Lisa and Jennifer”. Friendship goals.

————————————————-

The article above was edited by Giulia De Demo Assis

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Livia Nomoto

Casper Libero '22

Hii! I’m Livia, a journalism student at Casper Libero. I'm obsessed with books, movies, fashion, beauty, pop culture and a few other things.