Every Reason You Should Stan Jennifer Aniston

Everyone has their top list of actors and actresses, right? Mine is typically harder to narrow down since I’m absolutely the most starstruck, celebrity-obsessed person you will ever meet. However, one thing always remains the same on my list…Jennifer Aniston is always at the very top. Jen was the first actress who I really loved and invested all my time into watching her shows. Of course, now, almost eight years later, I do that with almost every actor I discover. Jen will always be my #1 girl, and here are all the reasons why.

The Style Icon We All Need

Rachel Green GIF
Giphy

It’s no surprise that the whole world knows Jen for her iconic role of Rachel Green on NBC’s hit show Friends. While her hair was the biggest phenomenon of the ‘90s, I promise Jen’s style ranges much further than just that. Her favorite store is Barneys New York, which says A LOT about the clothing she typically wears. Very casual, but cute, of course. One thing Jen always does is keeps it classy, which has taught me how to dress modestly while still dressing cute. While this price range isn’t realistic for most of us, I’ll admit it…I’m guilty of snagging a few Barneys New York items off the clearance section at Nordstrom Rack, just to feel slightly boujee for a second.

A Big Sister Figure

I’m the oldest of three siblings, and the only girl in the family (aside from my mom). Although I begged my parents for YEARS, I never had a sister, let alone an older one. I know it sounds silly, and probably crazy to those who don’t understand the fangirling over someone, but in a way, Jen has taken that place for me — all without meeting her. Her movie roles have each taught me a valuable life lesson that I will take with me forever, lessons as if a big sister had taught me them.

America’s Sweetheart

Jennifer Aniston GIF
Giphy

There’s a picture of Jen floating around the internet where she’s helping an older lady pick up after her dog. This series of photos that paparazzi snapped, describes Jen almost perfectly. These pictures were taken about a decade ago, and I’ve seen them hundreds of times, but it always brings a smile to my face whenever they resurface. Jen is hands down one of the most down-to-earth people I have (never) met. This has been said time and time again by her co-stars and friends, but this series of pictures goes to show how true it is. She wants the best for everyone.

Let’s Talk Philanthropies

Coinciding with being down-to-earth is the philanthropies she supports. Jen has been an ambassador for St. Jude Children’s Hospital since 2006. Every year, she shoots a PSA for St. Jude, raising money and awareness about the cause. She does this alongside Marlo Thomas, the founder of St. Jude. Thomas and Aniston go way back to before Jen was even born. Jen’s dad, John Aniston, and Thomas played siblings in a play, long before Jen was around. Then, Thomas played Rachel Green’s mom on Friends!

Never Ending List of Movies and TV Shows to Watch

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again… Jen is a rom-com queen. Her film and television resume dates back to 1988, leaving a total of 61 titles to watch her in. Not all of them are amazing, but they’re worth the watch to see teenage Jen rocking the movie world. My personal favorite Jen movies are Just Go with It, Picture Perfect and Rumor Has It, although I could watch all of them a million times (I 100% have already done this). Aside from Friends, Jen’s new show The Morning Show is amazing, and I couldn’t recommend it anymore.

The Brands She Endorses

I think this is only a fangirl thing, but I rely on Jen to tell me the best products to be using. Now, I know she is being paid millions to endorse these products and she may be a little biased. However, I will always buy whatever she’s promoting, which is the exact goal of celebrity endorsements. From Aveeno to Smart Water, to Living Proof, I’m right there buying it all. Funny enough, out of those three, she only promotes Aveeno now, but I still stay buying the other two because they’re just THAT good. I’m not proud of this, but there was a time I genuinely did not like Jennifer Garner because she promoted Neutrogena, while Aniston promoted Aveeno. Of course, the two brands are competitors, so I refused to like Garner. I got over that soon after because I realized Garner is an absolute queen and she’s now on my permanent list of top five actors. But, if that doesn’t show how powerful Jen Aniston is, I don’t know what will.

Her Celeb Besties!

Jennifer Aniston GIF
Giphy

This girl is friends with everyone, I swear. Which makes sense, considering she’s America’s sweetheart. From Kate Hudson to Courteney Cox, and of course, her amazing friendships with Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel and Jason Bateman, her list of besties goes on forever. One thing’s for sure, she has the greatest squad of all time.

Interviews…. Enough Said

Jennifer Aniston GIF
Giphy

Once again, I’m completely biased, but her interviews are the best thing to binge on TV. She always remains honest and real with the interviewer, while of course always throwing in her dose of sarcasm and quirkiness.

Major Feminist

Rachel Green GIF
Giphy

Those two words are enough to explain it. Honestly, I don’t need to explain it further. Major. Feminist. Always. That should be enough to convince you.

Always Supporting Her Exes

From Brad Pitt to Justin Theroux, she has continued supporting the two of them throughout her divorces with the two of them. Keep in mind, it can’t be easy with the tabloids always coming up with a new story about Brad and Jen. So, for that, I will always give kudos to her.

There you have it, the (shortened but still quite long) list of all the reasons you should love Jennifer Aniston. Although, I could continue with this list forever. Forever the greatest idol I will ever have, and I promise you should consider taking her in as one of yours.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Emma Romano is a Public Relations major and a Film Studies minor. She hopes move to Los Angeles to pursue advertising and promotions for movies, TV Shows and celebrities in the future.
Her Campus at Florida State University.