Style > Beauty

That’s Aloe Vera: Benefits, DIY Recipes & How to Use on Your Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Bearing in mind that we can’t go to beauty salons and get that super hydration that keeps you swinging your hair side to side all day, we have to improvise. But doing a mask yourself is definitely a good way to enhance the love for your hair and also feel good about yourself. 

Aloe vera is the most common name used by hairdressers, digital influencers, friends and neighbors when it comes to the question “what can I do to make my hair look good?”. First of all it already looks awesome, but if you want to treat yourself with a nice hair mask, take a look at three ways that an aloe vera mask can help you have the hair to make Ariana Grande gag over (that’s it for Ari’s references). 

No more losses

If you noticed that your scalp is showing more than usual, that can be hair loss and aloe vera can help with that issue. 

It enhances the production of colagene and, therefore, aids the fixation of the strands to the scalp. Not to mention that aloe vera also has water and minerals which makes the strands stronger and less fragile. 

Rapunzel, dear, is that you?

Sometimes I feel like my hair is stuck in time, just refuses to grow. If you are going through the same thing and are dreaming of that hair the size of an eight years old child, some aloe vera hair mask should help. 

It has enzymes which helps remove the dead cells of the scalp, adding to the fact that it is a great option for moisturizing your hair, doing miracles for hair growth and hair health.

Moisturize for life

The aloe vera hair mask is highly indicated to give that smooth and soft look to the strands. 

Due to the fact that the ingredient is a source of water, minerals and all the good in between, the aloe vera gives that glimmer soothing feel to the hair, while also kissing all the frizz goodbye.

The ultimate and most important benefit of the aloe vera is to make you feel good and take care of yourself. So put on a comfy robe and headband, get you favorite face mask and favorite TV show and follow these steps to make a perfect aloe vera hair mask to crown your beauty spa day: 

Ingredients

– 2 tbsp. of aloe vera gel (fresh or store-bought) 

– 1 tbsp. of coconut oil

How to apply

1. Stir the coconut oil and aloe vera together until they form a smooth, blended paste.

2. Apply the mask to your hair with your fingers. Dividing into sections can help make the application easier.

3. Begin the application at mid-shaft and work toward the ends. Once you’ve worked the mask into the ends of your hair, you can go back and gently apply it to your scalp. 

4. When you’ve finished applying the mask, comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb. This helps spread the mask through your hair evenly.

5. Cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap. Then wrap a towel around your head. This helps protect the mask from dripping, but it also helps keep your hair from drying out. 

6. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes. You can leave it on for up to an hour for extra conditioning.

7. Rinse the mask out of your hair.
You can replace your normal conditioner with this mask as often as once a week to help boost your hair health.

*check HealthLine website for more DIY recipes.

———————————————————————-

The article above was edited by Laura Ferrazzano.

Like this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero for more!

Beatriz Lemos

Casper Libero '21

Journalism student and aspiring actress
cuore in allarme journalist, writer, artist and everything else in between ✉ laurapferrazzano@gmail.com