McFly Are Back! Here Are 5 Songs To Remember An Era

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

It’s official: 2019 can be considered the year of the comebacks. Jonas Brothers, Sandy & Júnior and now, the British and loved band McFly!

No, you’re not dreaming! After 6 years without any song, and 9 without albuns, McFly finally announced: they are back and bringing new songs.

With a video on Instagram, Tom Fletcher, Danny Jones, Harry Judd and Dougie Poynter announced that are going to get together for a new show, on November 20 in London.

Besides that, a song will be released every week until the big show. These songs were written over these nine years, and now are going to be reunited in the sixth album. For this reason, are called “The Lost Songs”.

The band has already released the first video of the series The Lost Songs on Youtube. The series will talk about the production process of every music. Red was the first one, however, this song is from 2012, on the Keep Calm And Play Louder Tour and finally will be recorded in a studio!

The guys announced in a live on Instagram that the show in London will be the beginning of a new era: can we already save our money for a tour in Brazil?

Surely we are happy with new musics, but we can’t forget about the ones that marked our childhood and adolescence. Here are 5 that can’t be left out:

Five Colours In Her Hair

It’s impossible to talk about McFly and don’t remember this music! The weirdo with colors in her hair’s story was McFly’s first single.

Falling In Love

A Radio:ACTIVE’s song, it is one of the most romantic songs of McFly. The lyrics bring us a lonely boy, dreaming about what could happen if he fell in love.

All About You

As Falling In Love, this one is a love song. The lyrics was composed by Tom Fletcher, being really intimate, because it was a declaration for her, now, wife, Giovanna Fletcher. Tom also sang it for her on their wedding day.

I’ve Got You

Who doesn’t remember that McFly were on Just My Lucky, a romantic comedy starred by Lindsay Lohan and Chris Pine? No wonder, this is the track chosen for the band’s big show in the movie.

Love Is Easy

One of the lastest hits before the hiatus, Love Is Easy bring us an optimistic way to see and deal with love. The clip is a tribute for the fans, remembering all the years of McFly.

Bárbara Moura

Casper Libero '21

Caiçara, nascida e criada em Santos hoje vivo na loucura de São Pauloa atrás do sonho de contar e conhecer novas histórias.
Camille Carboni

Casper Libero '19

Senior at Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism and Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus. Proudly a cat person, tea and french desserts addicted and specially in love with cinnamon. Deeply crazy about maps and everything travel related, so if you wanna catch my attention, you should know airports will always be my favorite places on earth.