Laughing out loud: get to know 6 movies that will make you laugh through it all

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Having a tough time right now? Desperately need to smile? Well, I think we all are! In that way, Her Campus selected the best comedy movies so you can laugh out loud and have a blast by yourself! 

Grown Ups 1 and 2

Starting strong with a classic Adam Sandler movie. This time, he reunited all his real-life friends and made a movie about this reunion- literally. Just pretending they are high school besties that finally had time to meet up again in adulthood. 

The plot is irrelevant (actually, there is NO plot), but the cast and the humor are top-tier. Starring  Adam Sandler alongside with Chris Rock, Kevin James, David Spade and Rob Schneider, we guarantee you that you are spending those hours laughing so hard like you’ve never, ever, had before

Trailer of Grown Ups
Trailer of Grown Ups 2

Fun with Dick and Jane 

This remake of the 1977 movie with the same name, Fun with Dick and Jane, is a comedy motion with the right amount of social criticism. 

Dick (Jim Carrey) and Jane (Téa Leoni) are a typical American family- they live in the suburbs, have a child, which is literally raised by a latina nanny, the whole white suburban american package. However, the company in which Dick works for goes bankrupt and now the couple have to deal with no income and the urge to keep status and the American way of life. 

The humor is acid and sarcastic- if you are a fan of Arrested Development, I dare to say that this will be your all time favorite movie. 

Trailer of Fun with Dick and Jane

There is something about Mary

This movie is the perfect combo of comedy and romance. Laughs guaranteed from beginning to end, There is something about Mary is a 1998 film starring Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz

Ted is a socially awkward teen who is completely in love with his high school crush, Mary. She, sweetly, asks him out for prom, but he has a problem in the bathroom and his dreams do not come true. However, more than a decade later, Stiller’s character tries to win her back by hiring a personal detective (Matt Dillon) to spy on and stalk the beautiful Mary, but, as a good comic movie, nothing goes as planned. 

Trailer of There’s Something About Mary

Zoolander 

Known between teens as the TikTok trend, Zoolander is a hit comedy movie with Ben Stiller (again), Owen Wilson and Christine Taylor.

Edit of memes from Zoolander

Overall, Zoolander is dumb, because it follows the trajectory of two dumb supermodels, making dumb choices. However, this piece of art is so well-written that no one can deny how stupidly funny it is. 

Just like Grown Ups, the plot does not exist, you just have to go with it and follow the flow. I would say you have to laugh too, but I will without a doubt. 

Trailer of Zoolander

White Chicks

Although it is probably the most watched and famous movie on this list, I cannot make an article about funny films and not include White Chicks.

The 2004 hit is still a masterpiece. It goes around two loser FBI agents, that almost losing their job, have to go undercover as rich girlies to prevent a crime against them from happening. 

White Chicks is a must watch if you’re feeling down and need to cheer up!

Trailer of White Chicks

We´re the Millers 

The last movie in the list could not feature anyone else than the one and only comedy queen, Jennifer Aniston.

This new (compared to the other) film is about a drug dealer, David Clark (Jason Sudeikis) that makes a deal with a stripper (Jennifer Aniston), a homeless kid (Emma Roberts), and a loser kid (Will Poulter) to they look like a typical family so then Clark can get weed from Mexico for his boss (Ed Helms).

This movie shows that comedy is not dead at all and you will laugh for a long time afterwards! 

Trailer of The Millers

If you need company and are feeling lonely, make sure to watch these movies and have the time of your life! Enjoy!!

👯‍♀️ Related: HCC EXECS: OUR FAV COMEDY MOVIES

——————————

The article above was edited by Camila Lutfi.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Isa Mucilo

Casper Libero '26

Studying journalism at Cásper Líbero College, I am amused by the culture world- such as movies, books, tv shows and theatre. I aim to inspire girls to develop the same passion I feel for those things by my articles and words.