This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The Communication and Arts University Games, also known as Juca, is one of the best university games in Brazil. In 2018, it is going to happen earlier than in the other years, but everyone is still very anxious. It will be four days of many games, parties, drinks and fun alongside friends. However, before arriving in São Carlos and enjoy it, you need to prepare your bag.

As Juca is not any travel, it is not easy to pack. There are items you never imagined you might need. So if you are a freshman or have never been to Juca, we have prepared a list of everything you will need during the best four days of your life.

#1 Clothes

• 4 blouses
  • 2 or 3 shorts
  • 1 jeans
  • 1 legging
  • 2 coats (carry one thinner and your sweatshirt)
  • 1 sneakers
  • 1 slipper
  • 2 bras (prefer neutral tones, such as black, white or beige, to match any look)
  • 6 or 7 panties
  • 4 socks
  • Clothing for parties
  • Pajamas
  • If you are an athlete, do not forget your full uniform

#2 Hygiene kit

• Shampoo, conditioner and hair styling cream (put all in small packages to reduce the weight)
  • Bar soap
  • Liquid soap (put in a small pack to carry in the bag and wash your hand when you need it)
  • Soap for face (if you use and do not live without it)
  • Toothbrush and paste
  • Hair comb
  • Body and face towel
  • Blade
  • Wet wipe and close handkerchiefs (they are practical and help a lot when you feel dirty)
  • Dry shampoo (may help if you feel your hair dirty)
  • Gel alcohol
  • Toilet paper (2 is enough) – if you prefer, buy tissues as they are portable
  • Condoms

#3 Pharmacy kit

• Take medicines that you take and are useful, such as for flu, fever, allergy, stomach pain, headache, etc.
  • Never forget Engov! Remember it’s four days of open bar
  • Contraceptive, if you take
  • Items for possible bruises, such as merthiolate, band aid, ointments, etc.
  • Eye drops, if you use
  • Insect repellent
  • Absorbents (as a precaution)

#4 Beauty kit

• Makeup take only the necessary. You will practically not use it, just for the parties
  • Cosmetics you use daily, such as face cream
  • Make-up remover (choose the scarf version)
  • Hairclip
  • Bag Mirror
  • Deodorant
  • Perfume
  • Sunscreen
  • Dryer or flat iron (take it only if you find it really necessary as it will not always have power outlets available)

#5 Tent

• Do not forget the tent! Remember to bring a large one, as the bags will be in there and take up space. Count the space of the suitcase as a person (ex: tent of 3 people = you + your friend + your bags)
  • Mattress (do not forget the cover)
  • Pump for mattress (prefer manual model than electric)
  • Blankets
  • Pillow
  • Padlock to lock the tent (choose keyed padlock, as you can forget the combination)
  • Piece of thread, ribbon or elastic to attach a wrench to the neck or wrist not to lose (give the key to your tent companion)

#6 Extras

• Phone charger
  • Power bank
  • Plug adapter and a “benjamin”
  • Non-perishable foods (not always food nearby, so it’s cool to take some cookies and snacks to kill the hunger during the day)
  • Carry a small wallet with document, student card, VR, card, cash and tickets of JUCA

Infallible tips

• Usually, you will spend from R$ 100 to R$ 150 to eat during the four days. Do not rely solely on the card or VR, you never know if they won’t work. In doubt, always have money in hand
  • Take about R$ 15 a day to pay for the bath. Some houses around offer bath. Not always the showers are in good condition, so in doubt take a cash reservation
  • When it comes to arranging the bag, put everything in necessaires and categorize by theme. It will be much easier to find yourself in the middle of the mess (ex: necessaire only with bath items)
  • Medium size suit bag can fit everything. It may seem exaggerated, but you will take it all in one place and do not worry about multiple bags
  • Make the “sacochila” your best friend. Put a name to not lose and put everything you need during the day: toilet paper, alcohol gel, wallet, liquid soap, charger, cell phone and foods.
  • Walk with your mug stuck in the bandstand to avoid losing it
  • Do not hesitate in the cold. It may even be hot during the day, but at night the temperature drops and you will need cold clothes and blankets
  • Prefer to wear white, red and Cásper clothes! 
  • Never take a high heel!
  • Keep the tent clean and tidy. No one likes to sleep in the trash
  • Take some plastic bags to serve from garbage inside the tent
  • Remember to drink water!
  • Do not walk around the city alone

Now just get ready to prepare your bag and enjoy Juca 2018!

I'm a Journalism student at Casper Libero University and intend to be a great professional in the field. But while that does not happen, I spend my time writing texts, dreaming of success, gossiping with my friends and watching Netflix. I've lived in São Paulo my whole life, but I can't wait to travel the world. I have a big passion for movies, pop culture, books and pink. If you see me around, talk with me about movie premiere, new series or gossip. What Can I do? I'm Gemini and I can't control my communicative and curious side.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.