Life > Experiences

It’s cold in São Paulo! Here are #5 places that serve cozy and delicious dishes for the occasion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

It’s still autumn, but the temperatures keep dropping. In a big city like São Paulo, there is no shortage of options for a great gastronomic experience, and the cold weather invites us to seek out restaurants and cafes that offer seasonal dishes. Let’s face it, there’s nothing more comforting than bundling up and enjoying a warm drink. Check out these 5 enchanting places to delight while it’s cold in the city.

Trem di Cumê – A piece of Minas Gerais in São Paulo 

With typical Minas Gerais cuisine, the Trem di Cumê café and emporium is a perfect option for a break to warm up the body! Located in Tatuapé, the place has a super cozy atmosphere inspired by the Minas Gerais culture. The menu is quite diverse, but the highlight of the establishment is undoubtedly the doce de leite (caramelized milk), which is present in various recipes! It’s worth trying the hot doce de leite, a more Brazilian option than the famous hot chocolate.

P.S.: It’s a nice workplace! The coffee shop has free Wi-Fi and power points.

Adress: R. Martim Soares, 264 – Tatuapé, São Paulo – SP, 03066-050

Bistrot de Paris 

The Bistrot de Paris is located in a charming alley off the famous Rua Augusta. The San Pietro alley, inspired by the streets of Paris, is home to shops and restaurants influenced by French culture. The restaurant promises authentic French cuisine and offers a menu exclusively designed for the colder season, featuring options such as fondue and soups.

Adress: R. Augusta, 2542 – Loja 12 – Jardins, São Paulo – SP, 01412-100

Confeitaria Vera Cruz

At the Vera Cruz bakery and pastry shop, you can try a wide variety of delicious treats! In addition to offering a variety of hot soups and broths, the bakery also serves Portuguese pastries. It’s the perfect place to grab a freshly baked bread and enjoy a cup of coffee at the counter. If you prefer to sit down and dine, they also have a delightful à la carte restaurant option.

Address: Av. Celso Garcia, 3784 – Tatuapé, São Paulo – SP, 03064-000

Dona Carmela

In the northern zone of São Paulo, Dona Carmela is a typical Italian restaurant with a super cozy atmosphere, offering a menu filled with hot dishes such as pasta, fish, soups, and creams. But one of the highlights of the establishment is sopa no pão, a dish where soups are served inside artisanal bread. It is delicious and provides a unique way to enjoy one of the most typical meals of this time of year.

Address: R. Dr. César, 944 – Santana, São Paulo – SP, 02013-000

Sebo Pura Poesia

Sebo Pura Poesia is one of those places you’ve always dreamed of but never thought would exist! The place sells books, CDs, and records, but also features a charming café that serves wine, the perfect beverage to warm up your body in the cold of Sampa.

Address: Rua Costa Aguiar, 1112 – Ipiranga, São Paulo – SP, 04207-040

Looking for a romantic getaway? Check out this article with 5 romantic places you should go for dates in São Paulo, in any weather!

—————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Giulia Howard.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!” 

Sofia Faltz

Casper Libero '26

brazilian journalism student and coffee enthusiast <3