Life > Experiences

#5 Romantic Places You Should Go For Dates In São Paulo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Love is in the air in Brazil! Many couples are now planning a special and romantic day with just the right amount of “rom-com vibes”. Thinking of our São Paulo’s love birds, Her Campus is here to give you 5 tips on unbelievably sweet places to have a romantic date in the city.

1 – Praça do Pôr do Sol

Praça do Pôr do Sol is one of the most beautiful places to enjoy the sunset in São Paulo. Also known as Praça Cel. Custódio Fernandes Pinheiro, it’s different from the usual “big city scenario” that the city residents are used to. There is an extensive vegetation area, with trees and grass all over the place. 

A great idea for a date is having an afternoon picnic and enjoying the sunset. Other than that, you can enjoy your day walking around Vila Madalena’s famous Aspicuelta Street, with a lot of great bars, or going to Beco do Batman and ending the day at Praça do Pôr do Sol, located nearby.

Address: Praça Cel. Custódio Fernandes Pinheiro, 334 – Alto de Pinheiros.

Open hours: 8 am – 8 pm, every day.

2 – Terraço Itália

Terraço Itália is located on the top floors of Edifício Itália, one of the most iconic buildings in São Paulo. It’s the perfect place to spend a romantic evening. There, you can eat fantastically cooked meals with a touch of sophistication, while appreciating a beautiful panoramic view of the city.

If you are not in the mood to eat, you can just go to the observation deck to be amazed by the view, maybe exchange presents there, and take a bunch of photos. The deck is open to the public from 3 pm to 7 pm, but you have to pay a fee of R$50 to access it.

Address: Av. Ipiranga, 344 – República, 41° Floor.

Open hours: 12 pm – 4 pm / 6 pm – 11 pm, every day.

3 – Parque Ibirapuera

Another great place for enjoying the day near nature and having a romantic picnic is Parque Ibirapuera. Besides that, the biggest park in São Paulo is perfect for riding a bike, taking a walk, or maybe even enjoying a workout with your bae.

Inside the park, there is the Planetário Ibirapuera, an extremely romantic place for a date! With special shows, you can get to know more about stars, planets, and the galaxy. Check out the schedule on their Instagram Account and get tickets to the show at the Urbia website.

Address: Av. Pedro Álvares Cabral – Vila Mariana.

Open hours: 5 am – 11 am, every day.

4 – Madeleine Bar

Madeleine Bar is a Jazz bar located at Vila Madalena’s heart, with an intimate and cozy vibe. The drinks are great and also the food. If you want a charming spot to enjoy good music with your loved one, that’s the go-to place!

A good date idea can be enjoying the sunset at Praça do Pôr do Sol and, after that, going to Madeleine to have dinner. The show schedule changes every week, so go and check it out at their website beforehand! 

Address: Rua Aspicuelta, 201 – Vila Madalena.

Open hours: Monday: Closed; Tuesday to Friday: 6 pm – 1 am; Saturday: 9 am – 1 am; Sunday: 9 am – 3 pm.

5 – Farol Santander

Farol Santander is located at the former Edifício Banespa, or “Banespão”. The building was inspired by the famous Empire State Building, in New York City. There is an observation deck on the top floor, where you can see a 360° view of São Paulo.

To plan a different and romantic date at Farol Santander you can take the guided tour to see all the expositions and collections. Besides that, the Bar do Cofre is a must-go attraction, perfect for an evening date. It is located in the old safe of State of São Paulo’s Bank, maintaining the iron round doors and having a charming speakeasy vibe.

Address: R. João Brícola, 24 – Centro Histórico de São Paulo.

Open hours: Monday: Closed; Tuesday to Sunday: 9 am – 8 pm.

——————————————————————

The article above was edited by Laura Enchioglo

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero’s home page for more!

Giulia Howard

Casper Libero '24

Jornalism student at Casper Libero who loves to talk about movies, tv series, books and anything related to entertainment and culture.