Inside Experimenta Group: an Interview with the Creators

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Are you a shy person? Do you always waste your opportunities, when the subject is flirting? Does your crush even know your name? We have the solution for your problems: EXPERIMENTA!

Experimenta is a very popular Facebook group where people “make things happen”: through memes, texts and pictures, you can talk to your crush in a fun, casual way, and (who knows?) conquer someone to hook up with. The idea came from two Advertising and Marketing sophomores, Luiza Bortolatto and Leonardo Louria, and we got the chance to talk with these true geniuses of love. Check it out!

Luiza Bortolatto and Leonardo Louria, Advertising and Marketing students

How did you guys had the idea of Experimenta?

Luiza: It all began with a bet. I’m known for being interested in slow people, so a friend of mine called Lucas told me “If you can’t hook up with one of those three guys who are behind you in two weeks, you’ll have to hook up with me”. I accepted it, but couldn’t finish the challenge.

Leo: But that was before Experimenta. It was a Facebook-event called 15 Minutes, and it was kind of a private thing, just between our friends. And, sometime after that, we had a class that showed the Nova Schin’s Experimenta advertising, and everybody started using the catchphrase to talk about people they could hook up. So we had the idea to create a Facebook group, instead of an event, because groups usually last longer then events and people could post things on it. And it began as an exclusive group for Advertising and Marketing students, but so many people started joining it, and getting into the vibe of tagging their crushes and all the “let’s hook up!” thing. And it became kind of a reference to everybody.

Luiza: Yeah, we met so many people, especially freshmen, through the group. They’d come at us and say “Hey, aren’t you from Experimenta?”, and we made a lot of friends!

And it works? Have you guys heard any histories?

Luiza: Yes! Some couples have started their relationship at Experimenta, and many people told us that it helped them changing the way they used to relate to everyone else and that’s a way of getting rid of their shyness.

Leo: And I think it’s also a way of showing your crush that you’re interested, when you don’t wanna do it in person: you tag them and wait for their reaction. It’s like a pre-hook up.

What about arguments? Was there any of that on the group?

Luiza: Yeah, almost everyday we have posts that are reported and we already had to delete some posts, because they seemed to do rape incitement. After that, we wrote a post saying that Experimenta was meant to be something light, where everyone would post memes so we could laugh at the tragedy that our love lives are.

Leo: But it’s a normal thing. It’s a place where people can post and write whatever they want, so obviously some fights will come up. It’s a hard thing to control, because there’s so many people included in the group.

Luiza: But anyone that feels disrespected can talk to us, and we we’ll do something about it.

What are your future plans for Experimenta? Have you ever considered throwing a party?

Leo: I’ve thought about creating an Instagram for the group, where all the memes were created by students from Cásper, so it wouldn’t be an exclusive thing for us to post. And yes, a party is the most requested thing from everyone at Experimenta. But we’d had to sit down and plan it very carefully, since it’d be a probable huge thing.

Ana Fanelli

Casper Libero '18

Radio, TV and Internet junior at Cásper. PHD in Hitchcock and Tarantino. Graduating in Grey's Anatomy, Downton Abbey and Gilmore Girls. Disney enthusiast. Feminist in deconstruction. Always confused. Heavy (and snoring) sleeper.
Julia Noleto

Casper Libero

Mastering in Radio, Tv and Internet at Faculdade Casper Líbero. Tennis player during the weekends. Passionate about Ideas, with a big love for concerts, Tv series marathons and photoshoots. <3
Bárbara Muniz

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz is a Journalism student and Theather lover. Half journalist, half artist, totally feminist. Hufflepuff placed, sagittarian and vegetarian. Cásper Líbero University's Charpter co-correspondent and editor-in-chief. Intern in a Brazilian broadcast channel called BandNews TV, where she works among production for newscast and social media.