Gracie Abrams opens ‘The Eras Tour’ and we are emotional

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The 23-year-old singer and songwriter Gracie Abrams started her journey opening for Taylor Swift’s acclaimed sold-out The Eras Tour on April 1st in Arlington, Texas.

Her setlist included only four songs, but even though her time on stage was short, her song selection was very well thought out and a great representation of her discography.

THE SONGS

Gracie sang a couple of her first hits such as “21” and “Block me Out”, and also her standout tracks such as “Where Do We Go Now?” and “I Know It Won’t Work” from her first album Good Riddance, released back in February. All those songs have more than all the elements, such as personal songwriting, amazing vocals, and impeccable production, which makes any fellow swiftie immediately drawn to her discography.

TAYLOR + GRACIE = EVERYTHING

Abrams has been a long-time fan of Taylor, posting and talking many times on social media about how much she admires her and loves her music. During some of her concerts, she covered songs like “You’re On Your Own, Kid” and “My Tears Ricochet”, which led fans to freak out when they finally posted a picture together at Swift’s birthday party in 2021. 

Ever since then, both talented ladies have begun a friendship and admiration in and outside of the industry. The young singer mentioned in her latest interview that Taylor is “the most generous, most encouraging, most reassuring friend”. 

THEY ARE BASICALLY SISTERS

Gracie has been considered “adopted” by Taylor Swift since they both have amazing songwriting skills – and use them to write lyrics that pull at our heartstrings – and have worked with Aaron Dessner, a member of the band The National and producer + co-writer on several songs from Folklore, Evermore, and Good Riddance. In other words, it makes this experience a huge opportunity for her to branch out of her niche audience and grab the attention of the fan base from Desner and Swift, who will inevitably fall in love with her music as well.

In a way, it is widely believed by fans that the “Anti-hero” singer sees a lot of herself in Gracie since they’re both very talented women who started out at a very young age in the industry and use their own personal experiences in love, heartbreak, and insecurities as inspiration in their music, which is also why lots of Taylor’s fans are drawn to Abrams music catalog. 

During the April 1st show, Taylor decided to sing one of Gracie’s favorite songs, “Clean”, as one of the surprise tracks of the night in honor of her debut on tour. The “Feels Like” singer revealed to a fan at the concert that she “had no idea she was going to do that, so you can imagine my shock”. 

So far there’s been only praise of Gracie’s strong presence and vocals on stage, with her streams numbers growing on Spotify, and cute moments of fans coming up to her after the concerts to ask for pictures and give out “friendship bracelets” going viral on the internet. She is the moment as she knows it!

👯‍♀️ Related: Get To Know Gracie Abrams: The Star Behind The Album “Good Riddance”

————————————————

The article above was edited by Giulia De Demo Assis

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Mariana Aguiar

Casper Libero '26

Hi! I’m a journalist student at Casper Líbero and a few things i love are taylor swift, romance novels and movies! I look foward to sharing about my passions here <3