This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

2020 was meant to be Selena Gomez’s year starting with her newest album “Rare”, released in January, and her new beauty brand that also carries the same name. But with the new HBO Max service and quarantine, she decided to get a new project out of the oven, Selena + Chef.

Over the years, whenever someone asked her in interviews of what she would be doing if she wasn’t a famous singer and actress, the answer was always the same: ‘I would be a chef’. And as she said on the show’s trailer “I’m Selena Gomez, and I really love to eat. But I’m not the best cook”, which already made fans a little worried with the way she was cutting some vegetables on screen.

With ten episodes and each one of them with a guest chef, Selena creates – or tries to – a new dish of their choice. Not being a professional chef herself can cause a lot of trouble where everything goes sideways. It’s very fun to watch her being a disaster in the kitchen.

And since every episode was shot inside her house, it creates an intimacy with the viewer, making them feel close to her because they are inside her own home and closer to her family, since she lives with her grandparents and her friends are always around.

Also, Selena is very involved with social causes, so every chef featured in the episodes has a food-related charity, helping their projects get more visibility with the show, so she can entertain people and also make some good. You can find more about it on her social media.

Selena hopes the show can bring people some joy during such hard times. She said that she made a fool of herself and hopefully it will make people laugh and enjoy the time they spend watching it.

HBO Max is not available in every country, but soon it will be available worldwide so everyone can enjoy it in their own home comfort, and maybe try not to be as bad as Selena in the oven. But you still can enjoy some clips on Youtube.

Watch here the official trailer

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The article above was edited by Marina Ponchio.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Rafaela Bertolini

Casper Libero '23

Journalism student with a dubious taste in series, books, movies and music. Oh, and please send me a picture of your cat!