Life > Academics

End Of The Semester’s Survival Guide: 5 Tips To Avoid Getting Stressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The article below was written by Giovanna Ragano and edited by Julia Queiroz. Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Cásper Líbero for more!

The end of the semester is already among us, and we can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. However, the classes are not finished yet, and we still have a lot of issues and projects to solve, that’s why it’s really important to organize and take care of yourself at this time.

Here are some tips that can help you:

Be proud of yourself

This is the most important tip on this list. It’s been a long and intense year. When 2021 started, we were still facing hard times with the Covid-19 pandemic, and we’ve had to deal with it and also all the challenges of the school year. That’s already a reason to celebrate and be proud of yourself in this final stage. I’m sure that you’ve been strong, brave, and have given your best in everything that you work on.

Create a schedule and a to-do list

The end of the semester can be really difficult when it comes to college projects and tests. Sometimes, we have a lot of them to deliver on the same week and even on the same day. To not get lost with the dates, you can create a schedule with everything you need to do and write down the deadline for each of the assignments.

Besides, there are still some simpler activities that, most of the time, need to be solved in a short term. Then conciliate the schedule with a to-do list. It’s possible to create a weekly or a daily list — all you require to do is write everything you have to do in this period. It may sound simple, but it’s much easier to solve our assignments when we are aware of everything we need to accomplish.

Clear up doubts and don’t be afraid to ask for help

This tip may sound a bit silly, but it’s something really important. It’s completely normal feeling tired at the end of the semester, and this might make you miss something in class, so don’t be afraid to ask questions to your teachers, they certainly want to help you.

You can also ask your colleagues or call a friend who has less difficulty on a subject that seems complicated for you. Furthermore, you can take some time to study together or invite more people and create a mini-study group. It’s much easier to understand the subjects when we discuss them with people around us.

Set up a grade chart

Collect all the grades you have so far and set them up in a chart. This will help you know exactly how much you need in each subject. Thus, you will figure out exactly which subjects you need to focus on and which are already more comfortable.

Dedicate time to relax every day

It’s important to set aside time to relax every day, beyond sleeping time. This may seem impossible when you think about all the tasks you have to accomplish, but it’s really necessary if you want to fulfill each one of them in the best way possible.

Nothing you produce will look great if you are exhausted. So dedicate some time every day to do something you like and relax your brain. It can be reading a book written by your favorite author, watching an episode of a TV show, or simply taking some time to listen to that perfect playlist while you stare at nothing. These ideas can help you not only to take a break but also to make you more inspired when it’s time to do your assignments.

👯‍♀️ Related: I Went through a breakup during the red release and yes, it hits different
Giovanna Ragano

Casper Libero '24

Journalism student at Casper Libero. Passionate about literature, fashion and TV shows. Always listening to Lana del Rey or Danna Paola on headphones.
Julia Queiroz

Casper Libero '23

Campus Correspondent @ Her Campus at Cásper Líbero. Journalism major, Taylor Swift lover and romance reader. Passionate about writing, telling stories and getting to know the world :)