This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

In Covid-19 times, many colleges are adapting to offer distance learning classes. As much as this way of teaching is very common today, many people have no experience with distance education and find it difficult to organize themselves in the middle of routine. So, to facilitate learning and help with your studies, here are nine tips for you to be successful studying at home!

Organize your routine

The first point that must be discussed is how important and necessary the organization is when it comes to distance education. So, to ensure optimal performance, the best and most important tip is to start writing down your tasks and goals. The organization of the routine will serve as a guide and you can do this through calendars, Excel spreadsheets and even with mobile apps like Evernote!

Pay attention to your deadlines

Discipline is the key and keeping an eye on deadlines will help you avoid problems. So, focus on taking notes and doing your tasks. Try not to delay! The more focused you are, the simpler it will be to commit and have good results while taking long distance classes.

Create a study schedule

The flexibility of schedules is one of the points that most influence the choice of a distance learning course. However, the risk of getting lost in the routine is high, so if you create a study schedule you will have more ease and you will also optimize your time.

Buy an agenda or bullet journal

If you are one of those people who like to write, using a diary to organize yourself is also valid. In it you can write down all your plans, goals, tasks. In addition to the diaries, many people are currently testing the Bullet Journal method, which is nothing more than a personalized notebook made to organize life.

Study in a quiet place

Noise is one of the main factors that affect the quality of any learning. So, in order not to suffer from this problem, after having created your study schedule, reserve a quiet place inside your home so you can concentrate without interruptions.

Avoid distractions

If when reading this tip the first thing that came to your mind was social network, you already know what to avoid in your study hours. However, the distractions that can distance you from your goal are the most varied ones and, in this case, the important thing is to identify each one of them so that this problem is not something so complex to solve.

Get to know your course platform

As a good part of your academic environment will be virtual, knowing the course platform well is a great tip to keep your activities up to date. So, before you start studying distance, try to understand how the platform works. This will make your life easier!

Maintain a relationship with your colleagues

Those who think that the distance learning course is lonely are wrong, because in this modality there are also group work, the difference is that your classmates are not present with you. For this reason, having a good relationship with your group will guarantee better results when doing a project, for example.

Don’t forget to rest

To conclude, remember to separate a time to yourself! Studying at a distance requires a lot of attention, but it is also important to dedicate some time to rest. So, do not give up on your leisure and hobbies! Set aside a period of the week to just enjoy your day. If you do this, it will be much easier for you to have the energy to put all the tips into practice.

——————————

The article above was edited by Amanda Oestreich.

Like this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Journalism student, born and raised in São Paulo. 
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.