Style > Beauty

5 makeup trends inspired by food that took over TikTok

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

This is not exactly a menu, but I will bet you’re gonna be hungry! Nowadays makeup inspired by food have been on top of search on the internet, and with this comes the question: How did they become so popular?

These trends always existed but our generation has the need to nominate them. The girls on TikTok romanticize their lives and how they look. One of the biggest names that brought all these trends about looks named by food is Hailey Bieber, a model and influencer.

The It-Girl brought a lot of old trends with new names inspired by foods, such as glazed donuts nails, cookie butter hair, and makeup that became viral like strawberry makeup or latte makeup. And just like her, the girls are loving to make their looks more delicious.

With this open door, so many girls entered this vibe and, like Hailey Bieber, brought their food ideas to create their own makeup trends. Check out the 5 most viral makeups all inspired by food that took over Tiktok:

Strawberry makeup
@daniellemarcan

hailey bieber’s new makeup trend: strawberry makeup ib: @TARA SIGARI MAKEUP FASHION. skin tint @SHISEIDO synchro skin self refreshing tint, @Charlotte Tilbury flawless filter, @rhode skin peptide lip gloss #makeup #beauty

♬ Let The Light In – Lana Del Rey

This makeup consists of a natural face using the least amount of foundation you can. The main point to focus on is the rose cheeks and lips, so make sure you use your pinkest blush, it can even be lipstick or lip tint if you don’t have one, just make sure to blend it out. To finish off the look, draw freckles on the cheeks using a brow pencil or an eyeshadow with a thin brush.

Latte Makeup
@stxph.h

one oat latte with caramel drizzle to go please ☕️ #lattemakeup #lattemakeuplook #makeuptutorial Products: – YSL Crush Liner (brown & black) – Too Faced Ginger Snap Palette – MAC amber times nine palette – Chanel Beauty Baume Essential Multi Use Stick (transparent) – Lancome Lash Idole Mascara #greenscreen

♬ original sound – stephhui

In this makeup, you better work on the bronzer! Latte makeup is the idea of coffee and milk and uses brown as a principal color, especially on the skin, in which she uses the first contour and bronzer on the face. But let’s not forget about the eyes: make a brown smokey eye and add a copper shimmer in the center.

Matcha Makeup
@thebrontemarie

Matcha makeup is the cutest casual use of colour I’ve seen in so long. Please do try it out so I can see it on you all. ✨💞 @MECCA MAX Eyeshadow Stick in Kahki and Powder Eyeshadow in So Fresh @Charlotte Tilbury Pink Pop Blush and Spotlight Highlight @tomfordbeauty Shade and Illuminate in 01 @Unleashia Global Rose Shower and Mood Shower Eyeshadow Palettes* @YSL Beauty Candy Glaze in 13

♬ original sound – Bronte-Marie

One more idea inspired by drinks! This makeup is gorgeous and consists of glowing skin and green eyeshadow. You can choose your eyeshadow and combine different shades of green to make this more “you”. It can be lighter, darker, with shimmer or matte. It’s up to you!

Tomato Makeup

If you don’t like red, I advise you to not do this makeup. The tomato girl is makeup worked totally on red. With heavy red cheeks and lips. It kinda looks like strawberry makeup, but instead of pink they use red as the main color on the cheeks and on the nose. And here you can decide whether or not to do the freckles.

Hot Chocolate Makeup

This one is for those who love chocolate. Nice and a little bit sensual smokey brown eyes and milk chocolate glossy lips. They are the main focus of this makeup. Use a brown lip pencil (or even a brow pencil) to line the lips and blend it, but leave the middle of the lips bare and finish off with the gloss.

I’m just so hungry after all this! Makeup has never been so fun and sweet. I know we are talking about trends that already exist, but don’t let this stop your creativity. Be free to do your own makeup trend in your way. But don’t forget to always eat first!

The article above was edited by Amanda Moraes.

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Letícia Cubas

Casper Libero '26

A journalist passionate about writing a little bit of everything. Getting to know new places and having more experiences is my main goal!