#5 Brazilian Artists On The Spotlight Of Primavera Sound

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Anyone who loves music has to know more about Primavera Sound. The music festival was originally hosted in Barcelona but now is present not only in Spain but in Portugal, the US, Chile, Argentina, and Brazil.

Brazil receives Primavera Sound for the first time in São Paulo on November 5th and 6th, making warm-up concerts called “Primavera na Cidade” from October 31st to November 4th.

It features an outstanding lineup — including headliners like Arctic Monkeys, Björk, Travis Scott and Lorde — and brilliant national singers who also deserve your attention.

Here are five of them for you to get to know their work before enjoying it live:

L7nnon

L7nnon has just become the most listened-to rapper in Brazil — and that means he’s really something else. The rapper has achieved eight songs in the country’s top 200 on Spotify and has reached a billion streams on that platform.

L7nnon on Instagram

With TikTok smash hits like “Desenrola, Bate, Joga de Ladin” or legendary trap tracks, like “Freio da Blazer”, L7nnon mixes his soulful voice with diverse genres — trap, rap, funk, and pop. The artist performs on November 5th. Listen to his music here.

gal costa

Gal Costa is exactly what Brazilian Popular Music (MPB) represents. Being the main figure of the tropicalist music movement that happened in the sixties, the singer has been present on the music scene through the years. 

Gal performing at Breve Festival on Instagram

In “Gal Costa Apresenta: Fa-tal”, the singer and songwriter performs her 1971 live album, “Fa-Tal — Gal a Todo Vapor”. It contains beautiful tracks like “Pérola Negra” and “Sua Estupidez”. Get to know Gal here.

mc dricka

Brazil is passionate about funk — it’s a phenomenon genre that’s present on every Brazilian party, bar, or playlist nowadays. MC Dricka, a funk singer and trapper, is in the funk spotlight because of her powerful songs that elevate women’s self-esteem. Also, they contain some explicit “men-like” lyrics, breaking the misogyny limits that funk used to put on women.  

Mc Dricka on Instagram

The singer is called “The queen of fluxos” because of her success in “fluxos” — street funk parties in the Brazilian southeast. Dricka performs on the second day of the festival. With danceable and fun tunes, she’s worth a listen. Check it out here.

jovem dionísio

Jovem Dionísio is a pop-rock and bedroom pop Brazilian band. Formed in Curitiba in 2019, the group is composed of five men. They are what pop fans and TikTok users always dreamed of: chill songs with amazing vocals and nice lyrics.  

Jovem Dionisio announcing their new album on Instagram

Jovem Dionísio just launched their first album in March, “Acorda, Pedrinho”. Their loosened-up music creates a great vibe. Their performance is scheduled for the second day of Primavera Sound. Listen and turn into a fan here.

Tasha & Tracie

Tasha and Tracie Okereke are the new hot take on the Brazilian rap scene. The twins from São Paulo first caught people’s attention because of their style, but, lately, they have been in the spotlight because of their talented lyrics about the reality of slums mixed with trap beats.

Tasha & Tracie for Elle Brasil on Instagram

Featured in Gloria Groove’s song “Pisando Fofo“, the 26-year-olds have reached places they’ve never imagined – and are reaching even more as the days go by. Join their vibe right here.

Primavera Sound’s tickets are still available here. With a lot of fun, diversity, and the most eclectic music genres, the festival is every music appreciator’s dream. 

——————————————-

The article above was edited by Julia Bonin.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Gabriela Antualpa

Casper Libero '25

Journalism student, passionate about writing ever since I touched a book for the first time. Always interested in learning new things and - most of all - talking and writing about them. Contact me here: gabrielantualpa@gmail.com