4 Reasons To Watch The Newest Season Of Brooklyn Nine-Nine On NBC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The new season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine premiered on January this year, and it has a lot of fun already. This time, it counts with some changes on the cast members and less episodes: there will be thirteen episodes in season 6, while all the other seasons have twenty two, but there is nothing to worry about, because B-99 is still awesome! So here are some reasons for you to watch it.

1. Captain Holt being a Commissioner?

Image Source: IMDb

As we have watched, the last episode of season 5 shows Captain Holt (Andre Braugher) receiving a message that tells whether or not he passed the test for being a Commissioner, but it ends before we get to know the answer. So, what happens if he becomes a Commissioner? Will he have to leave the police department? What if he doesn’t pass? Which will be the reactions? These questions kept me thinking a lot and wishing for next season to start soon. And now it is finally here, watch it to find out!

2. Jake and Amy’s honeymoon

Image Source: NBC

The relationship between Jake (Andy Samberg) and Amy (Melissa Fumero) got a level up after Jake’s proposal on Halloween and the last season showed all the preparation for the wedding, until it finally happened, in an unexpected – but fully emotional and lovely – way. Obviously, Captain Holt gave them permission to go on their honeymoon, and now we can expect a lot of love and funny things to happen to this super couple in this super trip.

3. Hitchcock and Scully

Image Source: IMDb

The actress Chelsea Peretti had already announced that she would leave the sitcom as a main character, so unfortunately, Gina will not be around us anymore. Because of that, other characters are on the spotlight: Hitchcock (Dirk Blocker) and Scully (Joel McKinnon Miller). Apparently, the double-trouble are going to be more focused on and this is amazing! Now we will get to know more about their stories.

4. Jake’s hair

Image Source: NBC

Is there something else to say? I mean, look at this hair! It gets me distracted sometimes, because it is so good. Personally, I think it is the best hair of all of the seasons and one of the best reasons to watch the show.

Beatriz Cristina

Casper Libero '21

Beatriz Cristina is majoring in Journalism at Casper Libero, in São Paulo, Brazil. She is an avid reader and tries to finish all the TV series she starts, but fails everytime. She loves art, talking to people and is always looking for stories that need to be told.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.