This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Music is one of the most overarching arts of all, being a way of survival for lots of people. We have seen many artists reaching high places in charts and having their music played on the most important radio stations, streaming channels and selling out stadiums, but it’s such a huge industry and there is so much more for us to get to know! So here is a list of 10 singers and bands that we should pay more attention to!

Keshi

Casey Luong, also known by his stage name Keshi, is an American singer, songwriter, producer, and multi-instrumentalist. Known for his distant falsetto vocals and textural instrumentals, he has gained more attention with his soft beats and lyrics.

MAHMUNDI

Marcela Vale, who goes by her stage name Mahmundi, is a Brazilian singer and songwriter. Her style mixes electronic music, lo-fi and indie, also with poetic lyrics that make her style unique.

Francisco, el Hombre

Francisco, el Hombre is a Brazilian band formed in 2013 by the Mexican brothers Sebastian and Mateo Piracés Ugarte. Now with two other members, Juliana Strassacapa and Andrei Kozyref, the band mixes the best of Latin elements and Brazilian music.

Francisca, la Braza

Also, in a mix with the Brazilian band Braza, which is formed by the ex-members of Forfun and now mixes rap with reggae, electronic music and Brazilian beats, the two groups came up with the creative project of an EP called Francisca, La Braza.

Phill Veras

Phill Veras is a Brazilian singer and songwriter. He mixes Brazilian classics with contemporary music and with soft melodies and meaningful lyrics, the artist talks about love, life and his own feelings.

Tássia Reis

Tássia is a 31 years old Brazilian rapper, singer and songwriter. One of the first women in this style in Brazilian industry, she uses hip-hop as a weapon to make herself heard.

Tuyo

The sisters Lay e Lio formed a group with Lio’s boyfriend Jean. The trio called Tuyo brings a mix with synthesizers, folk music and sentimental lyrics, bringing up beautiful emotions and thoughts about life.

Rodrigo Ogi

Rodrigo Hayashi is also known by his stage name Ogi is a Brazilian rapper, writer, beatmaker and street artist. In his songs, he brings up the reality about everyday life in São Paulo.

Black Party

Malik Flint goes professionally as Black Party and is a 28-year-old American singer, producer and songwriter.

San Holo

Sander van Dijck is also known by his stage name San Holo. The 30-year-old Dutch man is a DJ, musician, record producer and composer. He has gained more and more attention with his mix of guitars, soft lyrics and melody electronic music.

————————————————————-

The article above was edited by Anna Bastos.

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus at Casper Libero homepage for more.

Giovanna Favero

Casper Libero '21

Journalism student from Sao Paulo, Brazil. Constantly finding herself, telling stories and fighting for a better and equal world.