How To Get a Fresh Start on the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

It’s that time of year again: time to really get into a new semester. Time to put down the bad habits and pick up the good ones. It’s something we tell ourselves every semester, but we all know old habits die hard, so here are a few tips to start your semester right!

1.     Find friends in your class, and if you don’t know anyone, make some new friends!

In a tough class, knowing someone is always a plus. Not only will you have someone to sit and study with, but looking forward to seeing a friend can help prevent you from sleeping in, skipping class, and missing out on important information!

2.     Attend SI sessions regularly, not just the review sessions before a test.

When SI sessions are offered for a class, it’s important to take advantage of them. These sessions always help you review what was taught in class, and give you material to review before the test!

3.     Study and do work everyday to prevent cramming.

When an assignment isn’t due the next day or you don’t have a test coming up, it’s easy to get lazy and leave everything until the last minute. Doing a little every day helps keep you stay on track, and you’ll definitely thank yourself later.

4.     Exercise!

Exercising is not only good for you, but it also helps you feel good. Exercise has proven to be a great stress reliever and helps you sleep at night

5.     Eat well.

Although it may seem silly, eating well means feeling well. It’ll help your academic performance by improving your focus, and you’ll have more energy for your day!

6.     SLEEP.

It’s something we all lack. Aim to get at least 7 hours a night so that your body can repair itself. Getting to bed an hour (or two) earlier can do wonders!

Good luck this semester, my fellow Case ladies. Don’t let those classes get you down!

Senior Nutrition Major at CWRU. On the Varsity Swim and Dive Team, and part of Delta Gamma Fraternity.