This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie! Nick DiFranco is a funny, easy-going, and musically talented guy. He is very studious and is a great friend -he’ll always have your back if you need him. He puts 110 percent into everything that he does, from music to fitness to school. He describes himself as determined and very expressive, the kind of guy that wears his heart on his sleeve. Nick really cares about the people in his life, and he loves meeting new people. If you seem him on campus, say hello!

Her Campus: Major?

Nick DiFranco: Biomedical engineering, biomaterials. I am also minoring in polymer science and chemical engineering.

HC: Hometown?

ND: Mayfield Village, Ohio!

HC: Relationship status?

ND: Single. Feel free to approach me, I love meeting new people.

HC: Favorite song?

ND: It varies a lot; my current favorite song is “Reflections” by MisterWives. It’s pretty much all my favorite things about indie pop distilled into one song: a great beat, good lead singer and instrumentation. It’s also really, really catchy.

HC: Best kind of music?

ND: Indie pop. I’ve played guitar my whole life, and I’ve listened to a lot of technical pieces to learn guitar techniques. It’s nice listening to indie pop for fun, because it has a great beat and lyrics. I don’t sit there judging technical merit, it’s just simple songs that I enjoy.

HC: Pancakes or waffles?

ND: Waffles. Because of little syrup wells. Buttermilk pancakes are gross. If I have to have pancakes, they must be whole wheat.

HC: Cats or dogs?

ND: Dogs. Especially jackabees. Half Jack Russell terrier, half beagle, all cute. My dog Rosy [pictured above] is the cutest dog alive. You can challenge me on that, and I guarantee that I’ll win.

HC: Favorite movie?

ND: Sandlot. No, I meant to say Love Actually. But really, the Sandlot’s been my favorite movie since I was a kid and I’ve learned a lot of life lessons from it…like how to make s’mores the proper way and not to chew tobacco before getting on a roller coaster.

HC: If you could do anything, anything at all, what would it be?

ND: I would want to teleport so I could go anywhere in the world. I’d probably go to Italy a lot, because it’s beautiful there. It would also be nice to just teleport and be in class. That way, I wouldn’t have to walk to class in the cold.

HC: Hobbies?

ND: Guitar, physical fitness -I completed the Insanity program, and it changed my life. Hanging out with friends, binge watching my favorite TV shows: House of Cards and Community. I also like to sleep and cheer on my Cleveland sports teams.

HC: Proudest accomplishment?

ND: Learning how to play the guitar. I started when I was six years old, and I took lessons for many years. I have a lot of great experiences playing the guitar. When I was 10 years old, I formed a band with my friends, and we would play for nursing homes and in coffee shops. I’ve learned that playing alongside other musicians is the best way to develop your skills. I’ve performed a lot since then, but I always love sitting down in my room and expressing whatever I’m feeling through music. It’s a great outlet for me.

Fitness is a huge part of Nick’s life. He loves playing sports and staying active.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

ND: I see myself working as a biomedical engineer, hopefully making things that can change the world. I hope to have a nice family and a beautiful garden. And a dog that’s at least part beagle, because beagles are the best dogs.

HC: Favorite childhood memory?

ND: When I was a little kid, my grandparents on my mom’s side had grapevines in their backyard on a trellis. They would take us back there and my grandpa would lift me up and I would pick grapes and put them in a basket for him. That’s a vivid memory I have of my grandpa, and he passed away when I was really young. Those were really fun times for me, and that’s what I think of when I think of him.

HC: What does family mean to you?

ND: Being Italian, family means that much more to me. To me, family is always being there for each other and learning from each other’s experiences. Discovering my ancestry and what my family had to go through really strengthened my appreciation for family. Whenever I go home, I always sit and listen to my grandparents’ stories, and I think those are some of the most valuable experiences of my life.

HC: Best part about being Italian?

ND: The food. It’s the food. I don’t think anyone else’s family has a brick oven in their backyard to make pizzas.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

ND: Someone who’s funny and gets my sense of humor. Someone that values communication, that’s important to me. Not just texting, but someone that values one-on-one conversation. I wouldn’t say I had a type, like blonde or brunette or anything like that. I feel like I have a lot of interests and there’s not necessarily specific things I’m looking for, it’s just if someone is compatible with me – if I feel a spark with someone.

HC: Ideal date?

ND: Rather than the traditional dinner date, we go and try a new experience. I feel like you learn more about someone when you go through a unique experience with them. I do love to sit down and talk, I am Italian, after all. But doing something together, like rock climbing, definitely creates a better connection.

HC: Dream job?

ND: To be a successful musician. It would be stressful, but music is such a big part of my life that I would embrace the stress.

HC: Cutest thing you’ve ever done?

ND: For Christmas one year, I went through my house and my grandparents’ houses and found my grandparents’ black-and-white wedding photos. I spent my free time over the next couple weeks colorizing them and bringing them back to life. I had them printed out and framed, and they were amazed because I brought their old villages in Italy back to life with the color. It was pretty elaborate, but it was fun.

Nick is committed to the people in his life and the things that he does. He loves making people laugh, so if you’re looking for a guy that will geniunely care about you and keep you smiling, Nick’s the guy for you. If you’re still not convinced, I’ll leave you with this adorable picture of Nick and his mom.

Jeniece Montellano is a member of the class of 2016 at Case Western Reserve University. She is a chemical biology major (B.A.) and English minor, and plans on becoming a physician assistant. She is a part of Solstice (all-female a cappella group), CWRU's Pre-PA club, CWRU's Filipino Student Union, The Observer (undergraduate newspaper) and a sister of Delta Gamma. In her free time, she tries to maintain her sanity by eating chocolate mindlessly, watching TV and rom-coms, reading books and tweeting about random things. Follow her on Twitter @herroitsjemeow for more musings about life.