Campus Celeb: Jasper Oh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

Hey Spartans, this week’s campus celebrity is THE Jasper OH.  Jasper is a brother of Delta Tau Delta fraternity who originates from California who is currently studying Communication Sciences, hoping to eventually become an audiologist.  This well cut twenty year old enjoys the simple things in life such as hanging out with friends, swimming, and watching sports while always finding time to make his way into the city to enjoy the “exciting nightlife.”  I happened to catch up with him while he was signing autographs at the Delta Gamma anchor splash.

HerCampus:  Hey man, thanks for sparing some time for this interview.  You really killed it out there in the water.

Jasper Oh:  Haha nah, I was just out there having fun.  It’s nice to be able to go out and compete in a friendly environment like this.  It’s a lot less pressure than when I swam back in the day.  

HC:  That makes sense, I bet it’s not often you get to throw on the swim gear in this type of setting anymore, huh?

JO:  True, I miss it sometimes and people commenting on the mudkip picture on my speedo is always a lot of fun.  

HC:  So what does Jasper Oh, former swimming sensation and intramural champion, like to do on his downtime when he’s not studying the auditory system or doing the backstroke?

JO:  Well, I’m kind of a geek when it comes to pokemon; I still have a gameboy SP and everything so when I finish my work or need a break I just like to lounge around and play that for a little bit.

HC:  That’s pretty cool, so tell me about your major and why you are aspiring to be an audiologist.

JO:  Well, it’s actually a swimming related story.  Back when I first started swimming, I got swimmer’s ear- that’s when a high amount of water enters the ear and becomes quite the annoyance- and found myself very curious as to the science behind the ear like how it works and the structure.  

HC:  So I guess it’s fair to say that swimming has influenced you quite a bit in your life then, beyond being a campus sensation.

JO:  You’re far too kind but yes, I guess it has.  

HC:  Before we wrap up, what celebrities do you most model yourself after?  Real or fictional?

JO:  Hmmm, fictional role model would be Ash Ketchum from pokemon because he and I both aspire to be pokemon masters.  My real role model would have to be George Clooney, people often say that my facial expressions mirror his.  

A member of the class of 2017 at Case Western Reserve University by way of your not so typical New England boarding school, Jeep Madison is double majoring in communication sciences and english with a minor in political science.  He is a brother of the fraternity, Phi Delta Theta, and a member of the Spartan football team.  A self proclaimed feminist, he feels very strongly about current events surrounding domestic violence and the integration of women into traditionally male social realms.  With so much indecision on what the future holds, Jeep is currently an aspiring trophy husband.