stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Ways To Stay Active Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

Whether you’re going home, heading down to Florida for a fun-filled week with your friends, or just staying on campus, you’re going to want to move around at least a little bit. Even the laziest of couch potatoes have to get up and stretch their legs at some point! Here are some ideas for some reasonable workouts, wherever you are.

1.     If you’re at: Home

“What is this, a home for ants? It has to be at least… 5 times that size!”

If you’re at home and your parents have a membership to a gym, they might have a few guest passes they could let you use. If you have the pleasure of doing so, have fun checking out all the middle-aged and older men, but most of all, enjoy running into your childhood friends’ parents.

If you don’t have access to a gym at home, you can always do a workout video in the living room! P90X, here we come! Oh no, how did that Family Guy DVD get in there?

I’d imagine I’d be just about as useless as Chris in this situation.

2.     If you’re at: A Hotel

I believe this is where we will be staying for Spring Break…

If you’re at a hotel, there’s most likely going to be a workout room of some sort. There will probably be someone hogging the one machine you want to use, but the perk of working out at a hotel is the fact that theres a sauna and pool for afterwards. Ten minutes of working out equals one hour of relaxation, right?

3.     If you’re at: The Beach

Since we can causally smile while holding a one-legged plank.

When you’re in warm weather, its always best to take advantage of it! Go for a run or tear out a workout from a magazine and bring it down to the beach with you. Bonus points for kicking up sand onto other people! Don’t forget that hopping in the ocean afterwards is always an option (we know how warm ocean water is in early March!).

4.     If you’re in: A Big City

Go sight seeing! It depends on the amount of moving around you do, but walking around a city for an entire day is a whole lot of work for your legs, and I would definitely count that as a workout. This will also counteract all of the random street food you’ll probably be chomping on along the way.

5.     If you’re in: Cleveland

If you so choose to stay on the lovely campus of Case Western Reserve University, there are still ways to have fun and stay fit. If you’re willing to spend a bit of money, the first time you sign up for Cleveland Yoga, you get a week of unlimited classes for $15! It’s a pretty great deal and yoga is a great workout. 

Senior Nutrition Major at CWRU. On the Varsity Swim and Dive Team, and part of Delta Gamma Fraternity.