Karina Lee: Marketing and Publicity Director for Her Campus Carthage

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carthage chapter.

Chances are, if you’ve clicked on this article, it’s because you saw Her Campus Carthage advertised around campus or on social media. If so, then you’re already familiar with Karina’s work! Karina Lee is our Market and Publicity Director, and she’s responsible for helping bring awareness to our amazing chapter! Her Campus met with Karina to learn more about her interests and motivations.

HC: What do you study at Carthage?

KL: I’m studying elementary education with an urban education minor. One day, I hope to work at a local school and serve underrepresented youth in my area.

HC: Why did you decide to join Her Campus?

KL: I heard about Her Campus from a post that one of our Social Media directors put out in the summertime. It seemed interesting, and I was trying to get more involved on campus, so I signed up!

HC: What is your favorite part about your e-board position for Carthage’s Her Campus chapter?

KL: My favorite part about being the Marketing and Publicity Director is definitely putting together promo videos and the fun graphics for our pages. People get to see what we’re all about through social media, so it’s pretty cool!

HC: What are your favorite topics to write articles about? Why?

KL: I love writing articles about personal things and things that are hard for most people to talk about because that directly represents how I am in person. I love to push boundaries in my writing and it’s awesome how Her Campus encourages that.

Photo courtesy of Karina Lee

HC: How else are you involved on campus?

KL: I am currently a Resident Assistant on campus and have newly received the position of Senior Resident Assistant for next year, so I’m stoked about that. I’m also a member of our Black Student Union and the Activities Coordinator for Pals & Partners, which is an organization that mentors students at our local Boys & Girls Club.

HC: What has been your most meaningful experience at Carthage?

KL: My most meaningful experience at Carthage definitely would have to be this past January when I was fortunate enough to go to South Africa with about 20 other students. In South Africa, I was able to study the education system there as well as the housing. It was definitely something I‘ll never forget about my time here at Carthage.

HC: What are your hobbies?

KL: What do I like to do in my free time? Do I have free time? (haha) I’m a big napper. I know that’s not a hobby, but it should be. I love to shop and get my nails done. I don’t know, typical girl things. Eat. Can’t forget that. I really appreciate food.

HC: If you had to pick one TV show to watch for the rest of your life, what would it be?

KL: Honestly I don’t watch a lot of TV, but probably anything on Freeform (RIP ABC Family). I love The Fosters, Baby Daddy, Young and Hungry etc. I could probably watch New Girl forever though, so I don’t know.

HC: Growing up in the Kenosha area, what do you recommend people do around town for a fun weekend?

KL: It honestly depends on the weather. In the summertime, the lake is always a move. There’s something going on every weekend from carnivals to boat events and Sandy’s Popper ice cream is always the cherry on top of a fun day downtown.

Karina is incredibly talented and passionate about all aspects of her life, and you can expect to see more from her around campus! If you want to join Karina and the rest of the wonderful women at Carthage’s Her Campus, you can email our editor Amanda (agoecke@carthage.edu) to request an application.   

Rep image courtesy of Karina Lee

Taylor Beck is a junior at Carthage College majoring in Elementary Education and minoring in Political Science. When she needs a break from wild first graders, Taylor spends her time cross stitching, binge watching The Office (again), or going to Taco Belle with her sisters of Kappa Phi Eta.