10 Motivational Quotes That Will Get You Through The Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carthage chapter.

The end of the semester means that stress and anxiety are heightened. With finals just coming to an end, it can be hard sometimes to knock that overwhelming feeling (especially if they didn’t go as well as you hoped). You start to doubt yourself and you start to ignore self-care. Sometimes all you need is a motivational quote to get you through the tough times. Here are ten inspirational quotes that will help you get through the week!

Photo courtesy of Bich Tran

1. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

2. “And though she be little, she is fierce.” – William Shakespeare

3. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” – Carol Burnett

4. “Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle.” – Anonymous

5. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou

6. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill

7. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” – Anonymous

8. “A goal should scare you a little, and excite you a lot.” – Joe Vitale

9. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill

10. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis

The end of the semester is never fun, but you are beautiful and have a lot of potential. Take a deep breath and trust in your abilities. You got this.

Noelle Jay is a junior at Carthage College with a major in Music Theatre and a minor in Dance. She is a member of the Carthage Women's Ensemble, Alpha Psi Omega, the honorary theatre fraternity, and is the choreographer for Maximum Capacity, the male acapella group on campus. When she is not in rehearsal or the dance studio, she can be found watching "Riverdale" with friends, drinking a grande sugar free vanilla latte with soy milk, or lifting weights at the gym. She is also involved in many theatrical productions on campus.