samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ways To Meal Prep During This Crazy Exam Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Winter exams are coming up, and as we all know there just isn’t enough time in the day to study, sleep, AND eat healthy. That’s why I’m coming at you with four super easy and healthy meal preps to keep you fueled for your exams!

1. Power Bowls

These bowls are so simple and delicious! The beauty of these bowls is that you can make them however you like! Follow the simple steps below to construct your dream bowl and substitute with your favorite options wherever you’d like

• Start with your base. Choose a strong carb or good source of micronutrients to support your bowl.
    • Brown Rice
    • Kale
    • Spinach
    • Mixed Greens
  • Then add your healthy fats.
    • Nuts
    • Avocado
    • Seeds (chia, flax)
  • Next, add in your vegetables. Choose any of the vegetables listed below or any others you love and roast them for thirty to forty minutes at four hundred-degrees Fahrenheit. Cut each up into bite sized chunks or squares before roasting and toss with a bit of olive oil. Do this on a Sunday night, store them in the fridge and your vegetables are prepped for the week!
    • Sweet potato
    • Broccoli
    • Cauliflower
    • Brussel Sprouts
  • Top it off with a protein source.
    • Chicken
    • Tuna
    • Tofu
    • Boiled Eggs
  • Finally, dress it up with a dressing of your choice’

2. Warm and Cozy Chili

Chili is another great meal prep. It contains sources of protein, carbs, healthy fats, AND micronutrients. What else could a girl ask for?! Like the power bowls, chili is amazing because you can make it however you’d like. A few of my favorite recipes include red bean chili and vegetarian chili.

• Top your chili bowl off with some avocado slices and a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt and you’re sure to have a delicious meal!

3. Curry and Rice

Rice topped with a mean curry recipe packs a big punch. Cook up your brown rice on Sunday and store it air-tight in your fridge. Then make up a huge batch of my favorite channa masala recipe from Clean Food Dirty Girl. This is a super easy prep that you can grab out of the fridge and take to go with you on whatever adventure your day holds.

4. Savory Soups

In my opinion, soups are the most underrated meal. They are super simple, clean, and delicious! You can find any of your favorite soup recipes and prep them for your upcoming week, but I’m going to share a few of my favorites with you.

It isn’t impossible to eat healthy on a busy schedule, you just have to find what works best for you. Find what it is that you love to cook and eat because when you fuel your body with strength, your mind will be in the right place to combat your exams.

Grace Moran

Carleton '21

Grace is currently in her second year of Environmental Science. This is her first year writing for Her Campus with the Carleton Chapter.