Useful Services On Campus You Might Not Be Aware Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Finding support in university can be difficult when dealing with stresses of school, home-life, and work.

There are several services at Carleton for those needing a little help. You pay for these services, so why not use them?

Sometimes these resources are right in front of your face, but you can’t see them. Here are a few on campus that may be beneficial to you:

1. Womxn’s Centre

If you’re a female, this place is for you. You can find so many resources at the Womxn’s Centre, including free tampons/pads, pregnancy tests, painkillers, and more.

If you just need a place to get away on campus, you can head over to them on the third floor University Centre (UC) and chill out on one of their couches.

2. REC Hall

Do you want to go somewhere where you can speak freely without any judgment?

The REC Hall provides a safe space for Carleton students to discuss and converse with other students about topics related to multiculturalism, and to create a safe space for one another on campus.

3. Foot Patrol

One of the most useful safety resources on campus, Foot Patrol provides comfort and security.

If you feel unsafe walking home from a party or uncomfortable around anyone on campus, you can call Foot Patrol and they will walk you to your residence on campus, or up to an hour off campus.

4. Multi-Faith Centre

Many Carleton students take pride in their faiths, and need a quiet place to perform rituals or prayer.

Located on the second floor of the University Centre, the Multi-Faith Centre’s webpage says it’s “a bookable space for faith based groups to meet, celebrate and practice their beliefs.”

5. Wellness Centre

If you feel isolated and depressed after coming to university, the Wellness Centre is hear to support Carleton students.

Students who are in need of physical and mental support can head over to the Wellness Centre on fourth floor UC where a team of volunteers awaits them for peer support, guidance, and workshops.

6. International Students’ Centre

International students coming to Carleton may experience home sickness and a feeling of culture shock, especially considering they are moving from their homes by themselves to a completely different environment.

The International Students’ Centre, located on the third floor of UC, is an area where students from different countries can learn to integrate into Canadian society.

Students who need any of these services, and want more information, can go to any of these centre’s online pages. Don’t be afraid to reach out for resources at Carleton; they’re there for you to grab.

Mariam was President at Her Campus Carleton circa 19/20. She's a puppy lover and strives to be Mindy Kaling one day. Hopefully in five years you can find her working on the next most popular true crime series. Bachelor of Journalism '20 - Carleton University