This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

With Valentine’s Day this week, my TBR list is full of rom-coms! While it’s several pages long and full of romance stories (and even though there are many different romantic couples I have yet to encounter), there aren’t too many pairs that will pass my top three fictional romance couples. So, sit back and fall in love with these couples the same way that I did!

1. Garrett Graham and Hannah Wells, The Deal

One of my favourite book series of all time has got to be Elle Kennedy’s Off-Campus. The Off-Campus series, which is five books long (the first four each revolving around a different guy in the friend group and the fifth book being a reunion story), follows a group of friends on the Briar University’s men hockey team through their senior year while also following their love lives.

Garrett Graham and Hannah Wells from The Deal (the first book in the series) are one of my favourite couples I have ever read. The two got their start when Hannah agrees to tutor the star hockey player, Garrett, while also agreeing to be Hannah’s fake boyfriend. As Garrett’s grades improve, he realizes that he can no longer continue pretending he doesn’t have feelings for Hannah.

The couple is, hands down, my favourite fictional couple and that’s not just because it’s my favourite trope (sports romance). Hannah and Garrett are perfect for each other in every way. If you’re looking for a quick, enthralling read, try out ‘The Deal’!

2. Joshua Templeman and Lucy Hutton, The Hating Game

I put off reading The Hating Game by Sally Thorne for MONTHS! I kept seeing the book on Booktok and finally gave it a shot –– and am I ever glad that I did.

The Hating Game, which was released as a movie in late 2021 starring Lucy Hale and Austin Stowell, follows the story of co-workers who absolutely cannot stand each other. The two cannot seem to get along and when they are both put up for the same promotion, they hit their breaking point. Eventually, when tensions are high between the two, Lucy realizes that maybe she doesn’t actually hate Joshua and that there is something more happening between them.

The Hating Game is your typical “enemies-to-lovers” trope and Sally Thorne executes it excellently. I recommend reading the book before watching the movie this Valentine’s Day season!

3. Dean Di Laurentis and Allie Hayes, The Score

To continue with the trend of Off-Campus couples, another one of my all-time favourite fictional couples is Dean Di Laurentis and Allie Hayes from the third book of Elle Kennedy’s Off-Campus series, The Score. After breaking up with her long-term boyfriend, Allie seeks solace from certified ladies’ man, Dean. Dean, who is never one for a relationship, falls in love with blooming actress Allie and is forced to prove that he is relationship material when Allie wants nothing but to be friends.

The Score by Elle Kennedy is definitely one of my favourite books of all time and Dean and Allie just add onto my love for the book!

I hope that you’ll love these fictional couples as much as I do. Happy Valentine’s Day week and happy reading everyone!

Krissy is a third-year History major with a double-minor in heritage conservation and Canadian Studies at Carleton. When she's not doing school or hanging with friends and family, Krissy enjoys reading, online shopping, talking aimlessly about history and politics, and playing hockey.