Meet the Her Campus Carleton Team: Rimsha Sayyed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

My name is Rimsha and I’m currently finishing up my third year, in second semester, in journalism and political science at Carleton University. I’m originally from Guelph, Ontario and have always loved Ottawa. I’ve been coming to Ottawa since I was little and coming here for university wasn’t a hard decision at all!

Currently, I run all social media coverage for Her Campus Carleton, and I’m enjoying my time online creating some great content for our readers. But, that’s not all I do.

I love to find new coffee shops where I can sit down, have a hot drink and study. Since I have only been in Ottawa for a few years, I love to explore new corners of the city where I can broaden my knowledge of the city I’m living in. 

In my free time I love to read and watch movies. Some of my favourite books are The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon. My current Netflix obsessions include Narcos, Daredevil and The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel. I’m also an avid traveller and can’t wait to head over to Malaysia and China in February! 

Thanks for getting to know me a little bit more! If you have any questions about Her Campus Carleton, you can follow us on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook

Rimsha Sayyed

Carleton '20

The best way to sum me up would iced coffee, good food and a perpetually clumsy person who writes a lot! I am a third-year journalism and political science student with a passion for anything fashion or beauty related, along with that I am a huge movie and history lover. I can't wait to be the social media exec for the HC Carleton chapter and keep writing articles too!