Meet the Her Campus Carleton Team: Maisie Sturrock

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

I’m Maisie and I’m the current VP finance for Her Campus Carleton!

At the moment, I’m in my second year of law and political science at Carleton, and I don’t think I ever imagined loving a school more. The atmosphere here, as well as the people I’ve gotten to know make me proud to attend each and every day.

When I’m on campus, I spend the majority of my time on the silent floor of the library. It’s my favourite place to be because I feel the most productive there. Since I still live with my family it can be a nice break from all of the commotion. 

If I’m not on campus, there a few things that I love doing most. I’ll most likely be on my couch watching crime documentaries (like a million episodes of 20/20 back-to-back). I also love to be outdoors and any chance to get outside and have fun sounds amazing to me. I’m looking forward to being more active this year as I try out spin classes and buy my own road bike for my school commute! 

If you see me around campus don’t be shy, I’d love to talk. I encourage you to reach out, especially if you’re interested in being involved with Her Campus Carleton!

Maisie Sturrock is a second year law and political science student at Carleton University and serves as the current Treasurer for their Her Campus chapter. She considers herself to be especially passionate about LGBTQ+ issues and community involvement. If she has time to spare, she'll be reading a few dozen murder mystery books or listening to music (practically) religiously.